Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By SimpBan
Not sure if I need to post here or in the regular HCO Spartan forum because this is not a cellular issue.
From my SR1-WCDb3g camera in Costa Rica.
How is it possible for this ocelot to get all the way down the log before a photo is triggered? The log is over 10 feet long(it is not running). Is the PIR angle issue or detection zone issue, or both? Can it be corrected with firmware? It is frustrating to miss out on a rare cat shot and just get tail :roll: Thanks in advance.
FYI...the ambient glow is from a Bushnell Essential 2 recording video.
By Mjn1979
Is your camera set on burst mode? If so, I think the spartan cams send the last pic in burst mode, rather than the first pic. Maybe one of the many spartan users could clarify this.
Is your camera set on burst mode? If so, I think the spartan cams send the last pic in burst mode, rather than the first pic. Maybe one of the many spartan users could clarify this.

That is correct Matt
Pir's typically don't trigger well when something is moving directly towards or away from the camera, a more perpendicular angle to the log might help.
Spartan 3G finally quit

Also don't think you'll notice a difference betwee[…]

This buck looks serious

It appears this guy made it thru the first weekend[…]

Yep, he's all business. I really like the microph[…]

Very Nice!