Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
We have about 10 Covert 3G cams. Most of them are the horrible 2014 models. 3 of them are having numerous problems and I will be at our Kentucky farm next week where the 3 troublemakers are. The Covert headquarters is only 45 minutes away so I'm planning on driving there and taking them up on their $150 trade in offer. With all the numerous plan changes, problems and new models can someone please recommend which devices I should trade up for?

I currently have a Verizon family share plan with a pretty good sized data plan. Should I switch to all Verizon cams? If so, can they be added to my family plan so I don't have to pay $15/cam per month? Service for both ATT and Verizon is about the same on the farm.
I'm pretty sure that the only brand of cameras that you can add to your Verizon family share plan are the Spartan GoCams, which obviously aren't on your list of possibilities.

There are several people here with 2015 and 2016 cameras and they should be able to give you good advice.
Yeah I really want to swap to all Spartans. They seem to have very few problems in comparison to even the new Coverts. Looks like the going rate is around $350 for the Verizon models. I may pick up a few and compare them to the coverts that I will be swapping. Not sure how much a used 2014 is selling for if I decided to dump them. I wouldn't imagine very much though!!
We have about 10 Covert 3G cams. Most of them are the horrible 2014 models. 3 of them are having numerous problems and I will be at our Kentucky farm next week where the 3 troublemakers are. The Covert headquarters is only 45 minutes away so I'm planning on driving there and taking them up on their $150 trade in offer. With all the numerous plan changes, problems and new models can someone please recommend which devices I should trade up for?

I currently have a Verizon family share plan with a pretty good sized data plan. Should I switch to all Verizon cams? If so, can they be added to my family plan so I don't have to pay $15/cam per month? Service for both ATT and Verizon is about the same on the farm.

I also traded in my 2014 Covert Code Black for the new 2016 Code Black. The camera is finally working well after many months of testing and going back and forth with Covert. I actually deployed the camera in the woods this afternoon. The only Verizon model that Covert sells is the BlackHawk model but I'm not sure if the 2016 BlackHawk is even being sold yet? Covert's Verizon BlackHawk does not let you share the data with your current Verizon Data plan for $5.00. The only Wireless Camera that allows that is HCO Spartan's GoCam that I know of. It can't hurt to upgrade the three 2014 models that you have. The new Covert app is a much improved way to control your cameras then the older SMS texting. The latest firmware update for the 2016 Code Black supposedly improves the battery life so you can leave it on real time always. Time will tell. I take it they are charging you $50 a cam to upgrade. Also the new billing system through Covert is much simpler than the older way of having to call AT&T every month to renew your text message package! The new 2016 Model has a much improved design also. Good luck with your upgrade.
Yeah I really want to swap to all Spartans. They seem to have very few problems in comparison to even the new Coverts. Looks like the going rate is around $350 for the Verizon models. I may pick up a few and compare them to the coverts that I will be swapping. Not sure how much a used 2014 is selling for if I decided to dump them. I wouldn't imagine very much though!!

I have a Verizon Spartan GoCam and I like it so much more than my 2016 Code Black. I am pretty sure the Verizon models go for much more than the $350 you mentioned but they are worth every penny!
They want $150 per camera to upgrade. That's why I'm making sure I think it through. I suppose I can try to negotiate though since I bought the extended warranty when they were offering it.

$150 a camera seems a lot? Hopefully you can negotiate a better price.
There's a few Verizon goCams on eBay and other places right now for $350 and I'm really considering getting a few.

Ok I got you. Just make sure you buy from someone reputable.

I also traded in my 2014 Covert Code Black for the new 2016 Code Black. The camera is finally working well after many months of testing and going back and forth with Covert. I actually deployed the camera in the woods this afternoon. The only Verizon model that Covert sells is the BlackHawk model but I'm not sure if the 2016 BlackHawk is even being sold yet? Covert's Verizon BlackHawk does not let you share the data with your current Verizon Data plan for $5.00. The only Wireless Camera that allows that is HCO Spartan's GoCam that I know of. It can't hurt to upgrade the three 2014 models that you have. The new Covert app is a much improved way to control your cameras then the older SMS texting. The latest firmware update for the 2016 Code Black supposedly improves the battery life so you can leave it on real time always. Time will tell. I take it they are charging you $50 a cam to upgrade. Also the new billing system through Covert is much simpler than the older way of having to call AT&T every month to renew your text message package! The new 2016 Model has a much improved design also. Good luck with your upgrade.

Rebbie- When that branch fell in front of my Covert it took 148 photos on 30 second trigger with 2 bars AT&T and I did receive every photo within 2 mins of each other, real time off and the battery level stayed at 5

Rebbie- When that branch fell in front of my Covert it took 148 photos on 30 second trigger with 2 bars AT&T and I did receive every photo within 2 mins of each other, real time off and the battery level stayed at 5

That is good. My 2016 Cod Black is on a 5 second delay and I receive each photo within 53 seconds of each other. My camera is out temporarily in the woods now until next month where it will be about 4 hours from my house.
They want $150 per camera to upgrade. That's why I'm making sure I think it through. I suppose I can try to negotiate though since I bought the extended warranty when they were offering it.

Redneck, if these were 2014 cameras with a 2 year warranty you should see if the warranty is still in effect.

Redneck, if these were 2014 cameras with a 2 year warranty you should see if the warranty is still in effect.

That's what I'm hoping. If they are under warranty they obviously won't replace them with 2014 models I wouldn't think. I sent them a long note last night asking what my options are. No response all day and I called and a recording said they were closed today???

That is good. My 2016 Cod Black is on a 5 second delay and I receive each photo within 53 seconds of each other. My camera is out temporarily in the woods now until next month where it will be about 4 hours from my house.

I'll be heading to PA tomorrow roughly 4.5 hrs. away and will leave 30 seconds and real time in case I need to make any changes and see how long it last hopefully till Nov when I go deer hunting. At least I know with real time off seems to last pretty good and according to the nice CA lady at Covert the savings is for both real time on or off. I'm tempted to leave real time off. Will see once I get up there and install them on trails and see how much movement or at least one at trail and the other at the feeder.

I'll post the night photo once I get some in from both 2015 upgrade and 2016, and keep all advise on how things are going especially with battery life. If any FW upgrades come out it will have to wait until I head up in Nov.

I agree but I'm working on saving those 50% that d[…]

Boly new 4G Cellular Camera

What is the cost of the Molnus system ? It&rs[…]

Last Check Water Hole

Very nice! What kind of Browning cam is this? […]

My last pics

Really nice pictures, I especially like the pictur[…]