Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
27jr, what batteries are you going to use?

Internally green RAYOVAC rechargeable NIMH 1.2v (8 each camera) with 1 camera connected to 12v 7 AH Wildgame Innovation battery and the other connected to Supper Sonic 6v 12 amp. No, solar panels since the camera will be where there is no sun. I might whined up putting one on the feeder but haven't decided to as of yet and both are going to be 30 second trigger and will see about real time on or off. At least I know with real time off I did receive all 148 photos with reception being AT&T 2 bars and knowing I'll have no reason to really change settings I just as well leave real time off. I took the plan with 100 photos for 3.99 month since on trails I don't expect to get more than that many and the other is actually set 9.99 for 1000 photos which will see how that one operates. After the first night I will not where or not to bump the other camera up the only problem they no longer offer the 9.99 1000 photos a month under AT&T. I don't need 3 months for 34 dollars 34000 photos.
I have both a Spartan GoCam and 2016 Covert. Honestly I'm impressed with the Covert. I've only pulled the SD card once since the firmware update. But it only failed to transmit 4 photos out of 784. The app still needs some work to catch up to Spartan. I run externals with solar panels on both so I can't comment on battery life. But since the firmware update it does what it's supposed to. Takes pics and sends them.
I never updated this post, but we visited the covert HQS last year after this post. Ironically it's only 45 minutes from our KY lease. They were super nice and upgraded ALL of our buggy 2014s to the 2016 12.0 model for only $75 each. I also had a few MP8s that were acting weird and she swapped them out for free right on the spot. She even took the time to set up our new portal account, update the firmware, etc. All of the cams have been out for almost a year straight and no problems with any of them.
I have since updated my camera to a 2017 model. The 2017 model is much improved. The flash is much better and the battery life seems much improved also.
I have since updated my camera to a 2017 model. The 2017 model is much improved. The flash is much better and the battery life seems much improved also.

rebbie, how much do they charge to upgrade a 2016 model to 2017?

I was having issues with my 2016 model so Covert's great customer service agreed to just swamp my 2016 camera for a new 2017 model. Every situation is different. You would have to contact Covert to see if they can help you.

I was having issues with my 2016 model so Covert's great customer service agreed to just swamp my 2016 camera for a new 2017 model. Every situation is different. You would have to contact Covert to see if they can help you.

Understood, thank you
In my experience it's been around $50 a camera to upgrade.
I called them and it is $100 ....doesnt seem worth it to me but I could be wrong :shock:

Agreed... I won't be upgrading mine.
They told me $61 for an upgrade to a 2017.

On a side note my 2016 trigger speed seems a little slow. I called the customer service and they told me that the photo burst if you have it on 2 the second pic is the one you get on your phone. I was missing headshots, don't know what to think about that. I always thought it was the first pick went to your phone.
I can tell you that my 2017 Covert triggers super fast! Definitely faster than the 2016 model I had.
Best Browning for pics/video

I have to Browning and except for the battery box […]

Best Trail Cam for around $100

Funny there. I did not notice the date until you […]

Boly new 4G Cellular Camera

BC-02 has it's own battery box. Resellers may sel[…]

Rack in a rack

very cool. should we have a photo contest on CG[…]