Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.

Maybe it's time to sell them and try Spartan

I already own a Spartan camera and it has worked flawlessly! I definitely won't be buying another Covert Wireless camera anytime soon.

Maybe it's time to sell them and try Spartan

I already own a Spartan camera and it has worked flawlessly! I definitely won't be buying another Covert Wireless camera anytime soon.

Agree such a disappointment, I email Stevie and she stated they know about the picture request and not receiving any photos and apologize. This is not a good time to have problems during deer season. Customer service is a great part and they do what they can. I even ask if it was a problem between Coverts server and AT&T but she wasn't able to find out and would keep my up to date.

Rebbie - she said to tell you if you needed anything to email her.
27jr, I emailed them yesterday and no response yet. They probably haven't gotten back to me because they have no answer for the problems they are having. My friend went to check my camera this evening and it did not take a photo of him checking it. I had him turn the camera off and back on again and it started working again. At first it sent 2 real time photo requests that must have still been in the system. Then it sent a photo of him walking by it. I Received 3 photos since then of deer passing by. I just tried a real time photo request and nothing. 27jr you can tell Stevie I would love to have a Covert wireless camera that works right! Doubt that will ever happen.
This is one of the major problems that I have with Covert. They expect you to turn off and reset the camera for an easy fix. It's like they think the camera is sitting in your back yard, not several hundred miles away. I wouldn't need a cellular camera in my back yard. I wish they had a way to reset the camera remotely. I know that is probably not realistic.
Miraculously both of the two that I have out in the field started responding to pic requests last night. Just requested one this morning and it worked as well. About 3 minutes lag time from the time I initiated the request to the time I received the pic.

Both of mine are working on pir requests and have the latest firmware.

Matt
Just made a video of it working...

https://youtu.be/nsJjh69dY9Y

Matt
Just made a video of it working...

https://youtu.be/nsJjh69dY9Y" target="_blank

Matt

Nice Video Matt. Thanks for sharing. Mine will work fine also at times but then suddenly stop working. 27jr says he spoke with Covert and they admitted that they are having problems with real time photo requests. Hopefully they can get it to work right 100% of the time.
I'm still not receiving real time photo request from either 2015 upgrade or 2016. I did receive a photo this morning from the 2016, battery level 100% and signal level 40%. Even with that signal level I never had a problem.

I'm looking into selling both cameras. Here it is deer season and have neither camera functioning correctly and before they were working flawless..
Had a thunderstorm come through and wouldn't you know it. Real time request quit working. However I am still receiving pics when the PIR sensor is activated.

The ironic thing is that the Spartan (that's been rock solid for five days) went offline and hasn't come back so don't know what's up with that until lay eyes on it. We had some very high winds so no telling what happened.

Matt
Had a thunderstorm come through and wouldn't you know it. Real time request quit working. However I am still receiving pics when the PIR sensor is activated.

The ironic thing is that the Spartan (that's been rock solid for five days) went offline and hasn't come back so don't know what's up with that until lay eyes on it. We had some very high winds so no telling what happened.

Matt

I'll be interested to know what happened as well Matt. I hope it was lightening related. :shock:

I have one that suddenly went dark on Monday. I had a problem with this camera several months ago and it turned out to be ants. I figure it'll either be power cable chewed or ants. I think I may go check it later today.

Matt

I'll be interested to know what happened as well Matt. I hope it was lightening related. :shock:

I have one that suddenly went dark on Monday. I had a problem with this camera several months ago and it turned out to be ants. I figure it'll either be power cable chewed or ants. I think I may go check it later today.

I was getting worried and after it didn't check in this morning I called my Dad and had him go out there to see. First thing he says is it's not there! I'm like WHAT! He said the mount is there but the camera is gone. So I was getting worried at this point trying to figure out what had happened to it. We were testing it on a tree in the front yard so I was thinking the worst. Someone had driven by and saw it hanging on the tree and somehow managed to get it off the mount and get it turned off before it could send a pic. Then my bother calls me asking what he needed to do to get this new camera of his working. Apparently he took the cam off the mount from behind and managed to get it turned off before it was able to send a pic then didn't bother to tell me what he was doing.

So long story short.. Cam is fine, it's going to it's new home and will hopefully be back up and sending pics shortly. Now excuse me while I go take another blood pressure pill.

Matt
That's funny Matt! :lol:

I know there's something wrong with mine. My uncle was on the place and drove by it see if it would trigger. It didn't. Unfortunately I was with a customer so I didn't get his text for 30 minutes and he was gone when I knew for sure we had some kind of issue. I'm hoping it's something simple. The ants caused some corrosion inside and I'm afraid thats come home to roost in spite of my best cleaning efforts.
I had ants get in one of my Coverts one time. I thought I had gotten them all out and got it cleaned up then I'd see another ant! Finally put it in one of those giant 2 gallon zip lock bags and fogged it up with Raid and put a ant bait in there as well for good measure. Sealed it up tight and left it for a week. That got rid of the ants but that cam never did really work right after that. I figured the ants got in there and shorted something out. That was a old 2012 Code Black that was on it's last leg anyway so wasnt much of a loss.

BTW Spartan is back online. :)

Matt
Fox takes a L**k

:mrgreen: Uncensored Nature. Female you think ?[…]

Ridgetec Lookout - Bear

What kind of bear is this? Its in the Rockies in […]

Is he carrying something in his mouth? also the w[…]

5 Nice Bucks + -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LHe1JIuuGQ