Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
Just when I though my 2016 Code Black was finally working good I received these 3 whiteout photos this evening at transition time! The whole reason I traded in my 2014 Code Black and upgraded to a 2016 Code Black was because of the whiteout photo issue. I feel like nothing has changed. Has anyone else see this on their 2016 Code Black during the transition times? I understand that during the transition times you can get a little whiteout in photos but this is really bad! Really getting fed up with Covert!!!!!

My cam is facing east/north east ish' .

Good to know Jake. I guess I will have to contact Covert next week and see what they say. Thanks for posting Jake.
Yah see what they say. Wish I could help some way shape or form, but Im a newbie with the cell cam stuff basically but learning more.

But another thought Rebbie is your cam could have a bad light sensor, or not one of the better ones. I remember some cams in 2014 I think, the M series line up had the first batch run of cams have white out issues pretty bad. Then the next production run was better.
I ran multiple cams in the same lock box on a tree and some had more then its fair share of whiteouts vs the next cam. I kept moving cams in and out of that lock box and building/swapping parts till I got it the way I wanted it which consists of a 2013 mpe5 guts with a 2015 mpe5 flash array in a 2014 mpe6 case.

I say if it keeps giving you whiteouts, just tell them you think the cam has a bad light sensor and hopefully they can swap it out for ya. I am not sure who you been dealing with there at covert though.

My thoughts in general about Whiteouts is I seen it in all my cams no matter what make. Certain conditions just produce whiteout pics here and there and transition time can tough and do weird stuff on any make in my opinion.

Keep us/ me updated and have a nice weekend.
Yah see what they say. Wish I could help some way shape or form, but Im a newbie with the cell cam stuff basically but learning more.

But another thought Rebbie is your cam could have a bad light sensor, or not one of the better ones. I remember some cams in 2014 I think, the M series line up had the first batch run of cams have white out issues pretty bad. Then the next production run was better.
I ran multiple cams in the same lock box on a tree and some had more then its fair share of whiteouts vs the next cam. I kept moving cams in and out of that lock box and building/swapping parts till I got it the way I wanted it which consists of a 2013 mpe5 guts with a 2015 mpe5 flash array in a 2014 mpe6 case.

I say if it keeps giving you whiteouts, just tell them you think the cam has a bad light sensor and hopefully they can swap it out for ya. I am not sure who you been dealing with there at covert though.

My thoughts in general about Whiteouts is I seen it in all my cams no matter what make. Certain conditions just produce whiteout pics here and there and transition time can tough and do weird stuff on any make in my opinion.

Keep us/ me updated and have a nice weekend.

Thanks Jake I will contact them next week. I am sure they are reading these posts to see what people are saying about their cameras. I understand that there can be whiteout issues with some cameras during transition times. I have even see it once in a while on my Spartan camera but never to the extreme that my Covert does. Covert whiteout photos are really bad! I'll keep you updated.
[quote="rebbie"]Just when I though my 2016 Code Black was finally working good I received these 3 whiteout photos this evening at transition time! The whole reason I traded in my 2014 Code Black and upgraded to a 2016 Code Black was because of the whiteout photo issue. I feel like nothing has changed. Has anyone else see this on their 2016 Code Black during the transition times? I understand that during the transition times you can get a little whiteout in photos but this is really bad! Really getting fed up with Covert!!!!!

Rebbie - I have had some but not totally whited out this one is camera 2016 facing NE and I had some on 2015 upgrade. I had sent this to Covert so will wait to see what they say next week.

Image[/URL]
Requested a photo this evening at about 7:18pm during that transition time. Photo was pretty whited out. Sent Covert an email over the weekend. Still waiting to hear back from them.
Requested a photo this evening at about 7:18pm during that transition time. Photo was pretty whited out. Sent Covert an email over the weekend. Still waiting to hear back from them.

I haven't heard back either from sending the above photo, which surprises me since they have been quite responsive. I don't seem to get many transition photos but would like it fix too.

I haven't heard back either from sending the above photo, which surprises me since they have been quite responsive. I don't seem to get many transition photos but would like it fix too.

That photo that you shared is not that bad. Mine are a total whiteout. Covert finally emailed me last night and said they will have their Engineer look into it.
That photo that you shared is not that bad. Mine are a total whiteout. Covert finally emailed me last night and said they will have their Engineer look into it.[/quote]

Right but I at least wanted to show that your not alone and Covert asked to to submit my photos again so I did send them again and noted that you had talked to them and sent photos.
That photo that you shared is not that bad. Mine are a total whiteout. Covert finally emailed me last night and said they will have their Engineer look into it.

Right but I at least wanted to show that your not alone and Covert asked to to submit my photos again so I did send them again and noted that you had talked to them and sent photos.[/quote]

Have you had any whiteout photos during transition times? The one you posted I would not consider that a whiteout photo. That photo looked fine.

Right but I at least wanted to show that your not alone and Covert asked to to submit my photos again so I did send them again and noted that you had talked to them and sent photos.

Have you had any whiteout photos during transition times? The one you posted I would not consider that a whiteout photo. That photo looked fine.[/quote]

Than I would have to say no all the photos during transition time look like that when a picture was taken of animals. I can try taking one by request this morning and see what happens like you have done.

Anthony, Thanks for your tolerance. My company's […]

It’s good to see they are selling well this […]

The thing about using LiFePo4 or LiPo batteries is[…]

Cold fox

:D :D :D I needed that.