Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By GTOHunter
I'm looking to buy a Trail Camera that will send me pics via my I-Phone,I need 1 that's AT&T compatible since I'll be using thru my AT&T Carrier and as my 5th phone via that sim card.Thanks GTOHUNTER in Missouri
By Roscoe
Spartan GoCam is the best cellular camera on the market today. Rather than adding it as an extra line, use the ATT buyasession data plan. $25 and change covers you for 3 months, so less than $8.50/month. Spartans premium app and web portal is $3/month. So, less than $12/month gets you pics to GoApp on your iPhone. I don't think you can add a line on your phone plan for less $12/month with the taxes. You will love the goapp.
By Roscoe
This is an HD version I requested of a pic one of my Spartans took earlier this evening, sent right to my iphone. Didn't cost me anything extra to get it. I don't think any other cell camera can do this, at least not without charging you extra $ for the picture.
By bobcat
That's a great pic Roscoe! If I ever find a place to hunt I'll definitely invest in a Spartan.
By johnnydeerhunter
I agree with Roscoe, Spartan is the way to go. I have five of them and they work great. I suggest the blackflash versions, there's really no difference in pic quality so you just as well go with the stealthier flash. The way the app and portal work with all the settings options makes this cam a great scouting and security tool.
By LibbyLA
I'm with Roscoe and JDH on this one. I don't think you can add a device to your AT&T plan for less than $10/month, so the DataConnect plan is the way to go. That's good because you don't have to worry about running out of room for devices on your plan.

We'really happy with ours and our road watcher camera got a truck and four wheeler back there yesterday and a truck back there this morning around 12:30.
By johnnydeerhunter
Thanks Guys....gonna check out the Spartan Trail Camera!

If you want to download the app I will give you guest log-in access to my cam(s) if you want and you can see how it operates.
By 3000gt
I have both covert black ops and spartan go cam. I like both of them but it seems spartan will send faster and for some reason gets a better signal even though they are less than 50 feet apart in the same field. I only have 1-2 bars but I do get most of the pics. However requesting a photo on both cams is an issue some days. They are built almost identical they just have different software.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came off the same assembly line.
By llbts12
I own both the Covert and the Spartan. The Spartan is more reliable, and the folks here on the forum really can help you out better with the Spartans over the Covert.
By rebbie
I have both the Spartan Go Cam and the new 2016 Covert Code Black. The Spartan Go cam definitely has better performance. The Spartan Go cam gives you so many options when you run it with the Premium service that Covert can't touch. Covert took a little time to get the bugs worked out on my 2016 Code Black but as of right now it seems to be working well. The one thing that I do like about the Covert over the Spartan is the smaller size. I would go with the Spartan Go Cam and you will be very happy!
By DevonTT
Spartan GoCam is the best cellular camera on the market today. Rather than adding it as an extra line, use the ATT buyasession data plan. $25 and change covers you for 3 months, so less than $8.50/month. Spartans premium app and web portal is $3/month. So, less than $12/month gets you pics to GoApp on your iPhone. I don't think you can add a line on your phone plan for less $12/month with the taxes. You will love the goapp.

The ATT Data Connect plan is definitely the best. We use the $25/3 months/1 gig plan. Even on our most active cases, we never get anywhere near the 1 gig cap. We can also let a plan expire when we don't need the camera, then easily restart it online at no extra charge. This has saved us a lot compared to keeping the plans active when cameras are not in use.
Lookout issue

Hi Saskboy, We too have been monitoring for others[…]

Its surprising how some animals tolerate one anoth[…]

Bucks in the creek

That buck almost ran your camera over

Deer & squirrels do get along...

Sometimes entertaining enough to keep me in the st[…]