Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
Beat me to it fellas. ^.

I will pass along the info about your phone make and model. Weird indeed.

Thanks

Ask about real time delay also. Real time delay does nothing to save in battery life. That is what Covert has told me. Real time should be on all the time now.
Beat me to it fellas. ^.

I will pass along the info about your phone make and model. Weird indeed.

Thanks

Ask about real time delay also. Real time delay does nothing to save in battery life. That is what Covert has told me. Real time should be on all the time now.

Rebbie, how is your battery life now running with Real Time on as compared to before? Weeks and number of pics? Power source? Thanks!
Rebbie, how is your battery life now running with Real Time on as compared to before? Weeks and number of pics? Power source? Thanks!

Roscoe I pulled my 2016 Code Black this past week to move to a new spot. The battery life was excellent with real time on the entire time. I had the camera out for 1 month and 4 days. It took 187 photos and transmitted every photo it took. I was using the Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries with no other external power source. The batteries still showed completely full at level 9. I gave the camera to a friend of mine to set up in a new spot so I put new batteries in it. I can't tell you how long the batteries would have lasted but I can tell you it is much improved! The only disappointing thing is that real time photo requests are not 100% reliable. The night time photos are just horrible! The flash range is very limited. Over all the battery life is very good with real time on. Like I have been saying here, Covert told me to just leave real time on because putting it on a real time delay does not save any more battery life. So far that seems to be true, so anybody running their camera on a real time delay is making a mistake. In fact I think you will see the real time delay setting go away with the next firmware update. I'll keep you updated on how it continues to work.
I run mine on a 24 hour delay and it has been sending every pic . Been out since September 1st on 20 rayovacs and reads 7 on meter and app says about 80% last I remember. Cars had over 500 pics . It has been in the 30's at night here last few weeks.

I been driving past it lot this last week and hasnt missed a beat.

I took that little plastic cover grate thing off the flash array. Pops in and out real easy. It's just there to break up to flash cover and protect it too I think.

But yes the camera senses out further then the flash at night.

I'm told more LEDs among a few other things for 2017.
I run mine on a 24 hour delay and it has been sending every pic . Been out since September 1st on 20 rayovacs and reads 7 on meter and app says about 80% last I remember. Cars had over 500 pics . It has been in the 30's at night here last few weeks.

I been driving past it lot this last week and hasnt missed a beat.

I took that little plastic cover grate thing off the flash array. Pops in and out real easy. It's just there to break up to flash cover and protect it too I think.

But yes the camera senses out further then the flash at night.

I'm told more LEDs among a few other things for 2017.

Maybe they will update my 2016 for a 2017 with a better flash array!
And rebbie Brittany didnt get back to me on your question.

Ok thanks for the update. My camera just won't send every photo when it's on any kind of real time delay. Covert told me no reason to run on real time delay because with new firmware update it makes no difference.
I think a month with Real Time on is good Rebbie. Far better than it had been. I wish you could have taken it to battery failure to know how long. Battery level reading with lithiums doesn't tell us much as it would likely go from 9 to not sending pics in a day. Thanks for sharing your results!

Ok thanks for the update. My camera just won't send every photo when it's on any kind of real time delay. Covert told me no reason to run on real time delay because with new firmware update it makes no difference.

Do you know who you talked to on that? ^

My understanding is correct after talking to Brittany is real time is only for requested pics and it does drain the batteries faster.
I have had 2 of my cameras out for over 3 months now on a 4 hour delay, 1 is on battery indicator #8 and the other is on #9 both have a 6 volt ext. battery and neither one has been updated yet. I hate to do the updates when they are operating so good. :D

Do you know who you talked to on that? ^

My understanding is correct after talking to Brittany is real time is only for requested pics and it does drain the batteries faster.

I saw the email and it was from Brittany, she said that with either real time on or set to the delays that there would be no difference in battery life. I also know that with the camera set to the delays that some users don't get all of their pictures sent reliably.

If real time is only for pictures then what about camera settings changes? Are they always instant?

Anthony, Thanks for your tolerance. My company's […]

It’s good to see they are selling well this […]

The thing about using LiFePo4 or LiPo batteries is[…]

Cold fox

:D :D :D I needed that.