Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By LibbyLA
There are a couple of new options for AT&T DataConnect plans! There's a $45/6 month/2 GB plan and a $75/12 month/4 GB plan. If you opt for the 12 month plan and buy 12 GoWireless Premium credits, cost for service is less than $.31/day, less than $10/month for an AT&T Spartan GoCam.

By Mjn1979
Will these plans work for my 2015 codeblacks?
By johnnydeerhunter
Will these plans work for my 2015 codeblacks?

What I'm told is that if your 2015 isn't upgraded it should work, if you've upgraded it to the app then you have to go through covert.
By Ol Arky
I know it's a dumb question but is the number of GB's for a month or the term of the plan???
By Carphunter
Intriguing options. Only worry would be if camera fails in the longer time period, and you can't replace it with a similar-vintage cam... are you SOL on the account?

Also, anyone know if you let the cam go dormant and don't renew an account... can you bring it back online at any point in the future with the same sim and little messing around other than renewing the data plan?
By johnnydeerhunter
I let my camera plan expire to test that out and just went to ATT buy a session and the camera info was still there, just picked a plan and proceeded as normal. Less that two minutes later I was receiving pictures again.
By LibbyLA
There probably is some dormant time after which the SIM/plan will no longer be usable but I don't know what that is. It obviously isn't a few minutes or days but it won't be years, either.

You should be able to move a SIM from one camera to another without any problem, although you'll probably want to update the IMEI. I've swapped SIMs between cameras for troubleshooting purposes.
By Roscoe
There probably is some dormant time after which the SIM/plan will no longer be usable but I don't know what that is. It obviously isn't a few minutes or days but it won't be years, either.

You should be able to move a SIM from one camera to another without any problem, although you'll probably want to update the IMEI. I've swapped SIMs between cameras for troubleshooting purposes.

Yep, you absolutely can. Click on that device and under "edit device" you can change the IMEI and/or SIM card (ICCID) # for any data plan you have.
Late season bait station

2019-10-19-1.jpg Moose likes my feeder.

Yotes on the move.

Just 5 I think. The old recon only has 10 s at nig[…]

Cold Turkey

https://vimeo.com/374000955

Spartan 3G finally quit

Mike it's simple enough to get a new SD card for t[…]