Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By mikeinkaty
Any word on this topic? Is 2G still going away come Jan 1st?
By 27jr
It's still available from T-Mobile and there has been some talk that 2G freq will be utilized for things like tablets and cameras.
By Roscoe
I'm not sure anyone knows for sure if Jan 1 is a drop dead date or not. I mean it could be, but I wouldn't be surprised if it hung on in some areas longer than others. I figure at this point ride that horse until they shoot it out from under you. :mrgreen:
By mattpatt
It's already dead in my area.

Matt
By C.A.M.O.
Any word on this topic? Is 2G still going away come Jan 1st?

Hi Mike, this is a post I put up awhile back, to answer your question .....Yes!

Hey folks,

Just a Reminder, if you still have a 2G camera still working in the field.
I actually still have a Covert Code Black pre-2011 model year still taking pics daily.
So long old friend. You were a good old camera.

Anyone else still have any 2G running?

This is from AT&T website:
"We've identified you are using a 2G phone. Due to planned network upgrades, 2G phones won't work on the AT&T network after December 31, 2016"

Rick! :D
By mattpatt
My 2011 Code Black stopped working about 6 months ago. At first I thought it was the camera so I put the SIM in a old blackberry I had laying around. Sure enough, no 2G signal. I think they've been slowly decommissioning 2G equipment for some time now.

Matt
By R4P
A friend of mine got 4-5 pics from his 2G cam on Monday or Tuesday. Haven't spoken to him since then though.

I wonder if ATT will roam on the Tmobile network. Not sure if there are scenarios where that would happen.
By mikeinkaty
FYI -

I have 2 GoPhone accounts. Just got off the phone with at&t and they are shutting both accounts down and sending me a check for $85.

If they give you the runaround then say - "What! You shut 2G down AND you're going to keep my money?"

Mike
By Roscoe
I met an ATT rep today at the show. He said any on tower that is owned by ATT, 2g is gone. He said all of them. There are however some towers in more remote areas that are owned by other entities that ATT uses that do still have 2g service. No idea how long that will last. He also said that there are some major metropolitan areas where 2g has been pretty much gone for over a year.
By mattpatt
I wonder how many people are still buying 2G cams on ebay and other places not realizing the plug has been pulled?

Matt
By Roscoe
I wonder how many people are still buying 2G cams on ebay and other places not realizing the plug has been pulled?

Matt

That's a good question. I can guarantee it happens. That's why I sold my 2g Ltl Acorn 2.5 years ago. I wanted to do so with clear conscious. :mrgreen:
Sandhill crane

This is 1/2 of a pair nesting in my wetland. With[…]

I don't understand correctly:) This is video by n[…]

This is a company that has been around a long time[…]

Owl

Thats the first thing I thought of too. If it did[…]