Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By bowhtr1
Or do the new Covert cell cams look just like the Spartan GoCams? I wonder if they now being made at the same place.
By mattpatt
Most likely not but I do think that it looks like Covert is trying to implement a lot of the features that are already available with the Spartan.
By johnnydeerhunter
They are NOT made in the same place.
By rebbie
Does Covert have a new 2017 Model? I haven't seen or heard of anything yet?
By rebbie
OK I just saw their new 2017 Model Catalog. Looks like they are going to have some of the features that Spartan Cameras already have such asa guest sign in and the ability to download HD Photos.I also see they say they have added more LED's to improve the flash on nighttime photos. The 2016 Code Black Flash was horrible! Going to be interesting to see how this all plays out. I wonder what ever happened to the camera that was supposed to take and send video clips? I guess they couldn't get that working right.
By bowhtr1
I think the video model was suppose to come out later this year.
By rebbie

It was called the WindTalker and they had it listed in their 2016 Catalog. I don't even see it the 2017 Catalog?
By FredG

It was called the WindTalker and they had it listed in their 2016 Catalog. I don't even see it the 2017 Catalog?

So are you saying that Covert cut wind? :lol:
By llbts12
I wonder if we 2016 folks will be able to update to the new features with a firmware update?
By mattpatt
Rumor is yes to the firmware. Also another rumor I heard is that they aren't going to let people upgrade their cam for $40 like they have in years past. When they started that I upgraded the two that I had just to keep it on the latest tech. I think the reasoning behind it is that once you have one of the later cams 2015 and above most all changes are made to software and not hardware. The hardware for them is pretty much the same except for maybe the addition of some more LEDs or something like that. Maybe they'll change their mind.

Matt
By CovertCameras
Hey guys,
After testing, we decided not to add the Windtalker to our lineup.
The data needed to send them was very costly.
By rebbie
Hey guys,
After testing, we decided not to add the Windtalker to our lineup.
The data needed to send them was very costly.

Ok thanks for the update. I was wondering what ever happened to that camera.
Yotes on the move.

Just 5 I think. The old recon only has 10 s at nig[…]

Cold Turkey

https://vimeo.com/374000955

Spartan 3G finally quit

Mike it's simple enough to get a new SD card for t[…]

Did this guy get shot?

there is definitely some redness and edema in t[…]