Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
Has anyone seen this before? This is pretty cool! I wonder how well it works?

http://traillync.com/Home
Interesting concept, one which I expected would come up sooner or later. I saw one project where someone had hacked an eye fi card and added external power and would work with any Cam. Data modems are a simple concept that would provide the same service as WIFI with the right interface and software. My guess is this is only the start to something much bigger coming as more manufacturers envisions the possibility. It's not just Trail cams that this would work on but any thing that uses an SD card for storage. Also my guess is someone will take this concept to 4g and video as well.
How do you insert the ribbon cable\SD adapter thing on cams where the door covers up the SD card slot? I'm pretty sure most of mine do. The ribbon cable is probably thin enough to be bent around the door frame and let you latch the camera door but then you've broken weatherproof seal. Nice idea though..

Matt
How do you insert the ribbon cable\SD adapter thing on cams where the door covers up the SD card slot? I'm pretty sure most of mine do. The ribbon cable is probably thin enough to be bent around the door frame and let you latch the camera door but then you've broken weatherproof seal. Nice idea though..

Matt

From their site:
"Simply plug the SD cable into your favorite cameras SD card slot and close the case (the cable is ultra thin and does not disturb the gasket)."

This looks like a really good product for those folks that don't need a high degree of concealment or critter protection.
I really like their website; it's simple and easy to navigate and easy to understand.
If this thing works 80% as good as they claim, it'll be a real game changer. I'm tempted to get one, but the only problem is that there's no Verizon service available at the main place that I'd want to use it. :shock: .....but, I'm sure thinking about pulling the trigger on one.

Image Image
Yea I am tempted to try it! Let's see who will be the Guinea pig and try it? Lol. Roscoe let us know if the company emails you back and answers your questions. Thanks.
I just got a response from them. Said they had a overactive spam filter? They claim that the cam is still water resistant even with the ribbon cable running out. The biggest issue I see here even if the ribbon cable doesn't cause leaks is that @ $200 plus the cost of a decent cam to go with it ($100) you're now in the price range of a true cell based trail cam. I assume their target market would be folks who already have a trail cam .

Matt
I just got a response from them. Said they had a overactive spam filter? They claim that the cam is still water resistant even with the ribbon cable running out. The biggest issue I see here even if the ribbon cable doesn't cause leaks is that @ $200 plus the cost of a decent cam to go with it ($100) you're now in the price range of a true cell based trail cam. I assume their target market would be folks who already have a trail cam .

Matt

The advantage I see is the system is basically modular, meaning if the Cam goes bad you still have the modem to put with another cam instead of having to replace with a new Cell Cam. It also works in reverse, in any case it saves money probably in the long run.
That latch could be a problem. Maybe you can put a 90 degree bend in it and bring it out the bottom like we used to do with the Snapshot Sniper shutter assemblies that were already soldered to the stereo jack.

Dang Liz and her fast typing :mrgreen:

Stealthcam has always been pretty good imo when it[…]

And I do have a Spartan also. That will be next on[…]

Ridgetec Lookout Dual is IN

No, a Carrier change requires a sim swap and menu […]

Anthony, your suggestion worked. I dont know wh[…]