Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By rebbie
Well my new 2017 Code Black arrives tomorrow. I am hoping for improvements over their 2016 model. I will keep everyone up to date on my findings.
By bowhtr1
Hope it works out. Look forward to hearing about it.
By rebbie
Ok quick update. The camera arrived this afternoon. Basically it looks just like the 2016 Code Black as far as dimensions but you can notice it has more LED's in the flash array. It fits my 2016 Custom1Enterprises lock box perfectly! The app has a new update since I last used it in January. You are now able to assign guest access from the portal. The camera was very easy to add to my existing Covert Wireless Account. I set the camera up in my backyard and did some tests to see how fast the photos would arrive in the app from the time I walked in front of it. They averaged about 54 seconds. I set the real time delay to a 12hr delay and the camera worked fine. It transmitted every photo it took from what I could tell. I will check the SD card in a few days to confirm. My 2016 would not transmit every photo it took unless I left real time on all the time. Hopefully running it on a real time delay will give me longer battery life. I kept walking in front of the camera at different times to see how the photos looked. I will post the photos below. I wanted at least a day time photo, a transition photo and a nighttime photo. The transition photos were good and the nighttime photos were much improved with a much stronger flash! Actually in closer setups you could run the flash on low. The app worker perfectly! I was able to make changes even with the camera set for a real time delay because the camera would connect to the server when it had a PIR event and check for new setting changes. Basically it worked just like my Spartan GoCam does. At this time you can not request HD photos but I am told that it coming soon with a new update to the app. I want to see if I can just run the camera with real time off since I can make changes to the camera when I have a PIR event. It does give you the option for real time off so I will have to test this out. I really have no need for a real time photo but I would like to see Covert add the option for scheduled event photos. I have the camera in my backyard hoping to get some deer photos tonight or tomorrow. I will keep everyone updated but as of right now the camera is working good with a much improved flash range.

Here are 4 photos. Right now I have the camera angled down to far and I will have to adjust it tomorrow.

By rebbie
Set it somewhere with a little better backdrop when you get a chance and see if softens the flashlight effect of the flash a little.

OK I will in a few days. Thanks.
By rebbie
A few deer came by tonight.

By 27jr
Rebbie,

I meant to add something but I had to reset my password. I had talked to Covert and they said there is little difference between 2016 and 2017 except for the LEDs, Guess account, HD photo request, LEDs added as you mentioned and didn't mention any real changes to software. Also those who use the App need to update and the request for HD photos from the camera should be ready this Friday and will cost .25 cents per request. I had kept on asking for sometime about the HD request and guess accounts for sometime and glad to hear that it is now available. People need to be mindful that these features only work for 2016 forward the 2015 upgraded cameras supposedly will not be able function with these changes. I don't know until temped and don't know if you have 2015 upgrades to check that out, I do and may give it a try later. I deactivated all accounts since hunting season ended. The only new camera I had played with was the Bushnell wireless and like the crystal clear photos and not missing any and will try the battery cable connection that is offered by one company. I did get Spartan AT&T for XMAS but haven't opened and done any testing since what I've seen and heard so no real reason too until 2017 - 2018 hunting season.
By johnnydeerhunter
I think the $9.99 plan is for 1000 pics, not a specific amount of gb's.
By 27jr
Johnny - Your right its only for a certain number of photos just like I think Bushnell does not amount of data as Spartan charges for.
By rebbie
Covert needs a premium service like Spartan has for HD photos requests and such. I also would love to see a higher resolution thumbnail image. $.25 per HD photo request seems a bit to much. I guess I won't be requesting any HD photos unless I get something spectacular! 27jr you are right there isn't much difference between the 2016 and the 2017 code black, other than more LED's. I will say this, my 2017 model is sending every photo when on a real time delay unlike my 2016 model. So far very happy with the camera. I will keep everybody updated.

All my cams are in boxes... and plenty of them hav[…]

That camera seems to get a lot of stuff at distanc[…]

https://youtu.be/OU_zR_T1Afs https://youtu.be/fRp[…]

That’s not a gentle process.