Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By mattpatt
I never really had a problem with the 2016 models flash. It's a black flash camera so I just set it closer without worry of spooking the animals. In my opinion throwing more LED at the problem isn't the solution. Move the camera to a 12v system instead of 6v so you can deliver more power to the LEDs. There would be a sacrifice in run time but most of us run externals on these cams anyway because the run times on internal batteries was so poor to begin with.

Just my .02

Matt
By mattpatt
Any update on when the new app will be released? I keep checking my phone daily to see if it's available.
By rebbie
No idea either? I keep doing the same thing as you and checking every day but nothing yet.
By mattpatt
Still awaiting this magical app update that was supposedly released already pending approval from Apple.
By LibbyLA
I checked in the Google Play Store to see if there was a new version there but the date on the latest version there is 2/14/2017 so I don't think there's a new one there, either.
By mattpatt
I have an Android tablet and checked it as well. Not there. So if it's not Apple holding up their app what could it be?

Matt
By mattpatt
Jake do you know if 12.0s will be able to be upgraded to the latest firmware?
By mattpatt
New app update is available. I guess the HD option isn't available for 12.0 cams as I can't find it anywhere.
By mike318
Reading over this thread im very confused. I seem to have gotten a lot of misinformation lately.

I have a verizon family plan w/ unlimited data. I have been told by several people on the Cell Cam Freaks facebook page I can add a cam to my family plan for cheap, maybe even $5 / month.

I would need to pay extra on top of that?

Also, there was a fix for the Code Black 12s not going into standby mode and eating batteries. I'm assuming this patch is going to come standard on the 12.1s
By LibbyLA
I know you can add a Spartan GoCam to your Verizon family plan for $5/month (plus taxes and fees, of course) but I'm not sure about a Covert. I think you have to get your service through Covert.
By mattpatt
With Covert all plans are handled through them. With Spartan you can add a Verizon came to your existing plan for $5/month plus fees. Covert also charges you .03 per pic if you want to receive them via text. They also charge you per pic for each high resolution picture request.

Matt
By rebbie
New Covert app is available on the Apple App Store. I updated to it but I still can't request HD photos yet. I have a pre production 2017 Code Black. I have to send my camera back and Covert will upgrade me to the final production of the 2017 Code Black. I assume that I will then be able to request HD photos via the app. As far as what the difference will be between the pre production and the final production 2017 Code Black, I am not sure yet. I am hoping for better quality photos and a much better flash. Guess I will find out soon and I will let everyone know. If anyone gets a final production of the 2017 Code Black, let us know how it works.

I use Smokey’s Preorbital and make a liking […]

That’s kool!

Creek crossing close-up

https://youtu.be/TdUtemJPYPM

New Spypoint micro cell cam

I've never owned a Spypoint camera, nor have I own[…]