Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By rebbie
How can you tell if it's a final production? I received one yesterday, so far I just took pictures in the house.

Good question? I have a 2017 pre-production model that I am sending back next week. Covert will send me the final production 2017 Model. I am very interested to see what the difference is.
By rebbie
I know it has been a while since I updated on my 2017 Code Black. I sent my camera back and Covert updated my flash array and did some software and Hardware Changes. I must say the new 2017 Code Black runs flawlessly now! I have it set on a 24 hour real time delay and I was up to 880 photos with regular Alkaline batteries and the power level was still at 5. (That was also with about 9 HD Photo requests) I was going to keep the Alkaline batteries in it to see how long they lasted but I moved it to a new spot and didn't want to take a chance on having the batteries die on me. I would say you should easily get over 1000 photos on a regular set of Alkaline batteries. I have Lithium in there now so I would think I could get 2000 photos on a new set of Lithium batteries. Bottom line the new 2017 Code Black is much improved! Flash is much better now! Being able to request HD photos if necessary is great! Very happy with the new 2017 Code Black. Anyone considering buying one can buy with confidence! I hear Covert has some new Changes coming soon with plans and HD Photo requests. Hopefully some good things to come.
Last edited by rebbie on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Jake
Figure I update too. Very very happy with the 2017 that I got another one. Log on time is quicker and flash array is better among a few other changes. Send times seem quicker then my 2016 I had.

Here are the new covert plans which are pretty good I think.
HD request is now .3 cents per pic.

Pardon my screenshots. I have the mass email sent out if anyone wants it PM me your email.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-07-28-18-00-50.png
Screenshot_2017-07-28-18-00-50.png (140.26 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
Screenshot_2017-07-28-17-56-17.png
Screenshot_2017-07-28-17-56-17.png (144.76 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
By rebbie
Figure I update too. Very very happy with the 2017 that I got another one. Log on time is quicker and flash array is better among a few other changes. Send times seem quicker then my 2016 I had.

Here are the new covert plans which are pretty good I think.
HD request is now .3 cents per pic.

Pardon my screenshots. I have the mass email sent out if anyone wants it PM me your email.

Yes I have been happy with my 2017 Code Black also. The .03 cents HD photo request is a much better deal. Do you know if camera setting change requests will still cost .03 cents? There was no mention of it in the email.
By 27jr
I also received that email from Covert but the cheap price per HD photo could be competition and the prices going up by a dollar. Example 100 photos last year 3.99 this year 4.99. Price wise their options work for trails where i might not get many photos a month a d portal and app are included in the price.

I'm excited about getting this Spartan going in the woods but I have to wait for Covert booster antenna and see if I can get service. If not don't know what I'll do besides put a Covert in it's place since it works. Kinda thought the Spartan would since thefe both 3G.
By redneck1210
I also received that email from Covert but the cheap price per HD photo could be competition and the prices going up by a dollar. Example 100 photos last year 3.99 this year 4.99. Price wise their options work for trails where i might not get many photos a month a d portal and app are included in the price.

I'm excited about getting this Spartan going in the woods but I have to wait for Covert booster antenna and see if I can get service. If not don't know what I'll do besides put a Covert in it's place since it works. Kinda thought the Spartan would since thefe both 3G.

The new packages are actually half the price of the previous ones. We have 7 ATT cams on one of our places and now we can run all 7 of them all year on the 75000 pic package for only $480! That's only $5.71/cam per month. We are very happy to see these new plans.
By 27jr
Redneck1210
I was just basing the low plan used to be 3.99 for 100 photos per month was increased to 4.99.

Yeah I don't see you going over 10 thousand photos a year per camera.

I am glad to see changes that benefit the customer and they're keeping up with competition.
By LibbyLA
27jr,

Look at the more expensive plans for more pictures. It doesn't cost a lot more to go from 100 to 1000 or 5000 pictures, and even less per picture for higher counts. Buy a bucket o' pics for one camera then add additional cameras to share the bucket for $5 or $7 per camera.

Why would you draw a conclusion from a single plan price, the one that is the most expensive per picture? That makes no sense. Covert is rewarding their "better" customers (the ones who have more customers), which seems like a wise business decision to me.
By redneck1210
Redneck1210
I was just basing the low plan used to be 3.99 for 100 photos per month was increased to 4.99.

Yeah I don't see you going over 10 thousand photos a year per camera.

I am glad to see changes that benefit the customer and they're keeping up with competition.

We have all our cams set on a 1 minute delay and average about 1200 pics/cam per month so that 75000 pic plan is right in the sweet spot.
By redneck1210
27jr,

Look at the more expensive plans for more pictures. It doesn't cost a lot more to go from 100 to 1000 or 5000 pictures, and even less per picture for higher counts. Buy a bucket o' pics for one camera then add additional cameras to share the bucket for $5 or $7 per camera.

Why would you draw a conclusion from a single plan price, the one that is the most expensive per picture? That makes no sense. Covert is rewarding their "better" customers (the ones who have more customers), which seems like a wise business decision to me.

Exactly. They've finally given us LOTS of options. I think we have 20 cams total so we are saving a TON!
By 27jr
Libby - I understand your point just looking at some that can only afford 1 camera. Not everyone can afford 7 to 20 or more camera's.
Your OOPs is noted.

Redneck - I understand and your right. It works for those who have a lot of cameras. I guess I didn't get a chance to see how to do the sharing of cameras. I have two Coverts, 2014 upgraded to use the portal/APP works great an 2015 that works great.

My current functional problem with Spartan.
What I mean by that is very simple. The 3G Coverts are working without a booster antenna. In the same location the Spartan doesn't even show one bar.

I'm going to buy a booster.
By LibbyLA
27jr,

I had the opposite problem with my 2015 Covert. I don't know how many bars it had, but it didn't send pics worth a darned in the same location as a GoCam. No doubt Covert has improved their cameras since then.

Hope the booster works for you.
PA Bear and a buck

More PA bucks and a coyote

Boly new 4G Cellular Camera

Could you send me a PM with one of this batteries?[…]

All my cams are in boxes... and plenty of them hav[…]