Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By mikeinkaty
For the last few weeks my Spartan has been very slow sending HD requests. An hour or more. Sometimes 3 or 4 hours. This is with both WIFI or 4G. Any ideas? Seems like it started after the upgrade to 5/03 firmware. Regular pics zing in quickly; 15 or 20 seconds.

Right after I do an HD request I get a status update quickly. So I know the request is getting to the server quickly. And that's another thing- I don't recall getting a status update before each HD pic????

Mike
By LibbyLA
Mike,

The latest FW for those cameras is 5/29. You mention the 5/3 update, but I can't tell whether that's when it started and it continued after you updated again or if that's your last update.

If it's your last update, then try updating to the latest FW and see if that resolves the problem.
By mikeinkaty
5/03 is my last update. It's not sending the HD pic until the next pic is sent. Just figured it out today.

By the way, I got a hog today. The cam sent a pic so I grabbed my gun, stuck it out the door and there was 1 less feral hog! 30-06 at 125 yards. It dropped like a rock and didn't move.
By LibbyLA
Congratulations on taking out the hog.

Sounds like your camera is not acting like real time is on. I think that is one of the fixes in the later FW.
By mikeinkaty
Roscoe, updating the firmware fixed the HD request problem.

I'm here at my place now. My son and I each shot a hog this week. Would get more if they would show up at a reasonable time of the night. In both cases it was the Spartan that told us they were at the feeder. Mine went to a local friend who started smoking it that day. We didn't find the one my son shot in time to process it. Buzzards are having a feast now. Got 2 sounders coming to the feeder. One has a large Russian boar with a mane that looks like a horses mane.

I did manage to trash my iPhone 6S this week. Got it wet playing in the creek with my grandchildren. Typing this on my new iPhone 7.
By bowhtr1
I have to update my firmware because mine is doing the same thing. I have all of my cams at home because of the storm was supposed to drop a bunch of rain. I didnt want to take a chance. I guess I can check all of them for any updates. Congrats on the hog, keep laying them down.
By mikeinkaty
Bowhtr1 - I've left my spartan out for almost 2 years now. Have had several monster storms. No damage to the cam yet. It will get water and fog on the outside of the lens but after it drys off it has been fine. But, it's not like I can run 500 miles up here and take it down.
By LibbyLA
Mike,

Tim has to deal with flooding. That's a completely different situation.
By bowhtr1
Libby is correct. Twice last year the highest point on the property was 2 and 4 ft underwater. My cameras would have been 12 ft under in some spots. Summer storms are not normally an issue but tropical storms and hurricanes will bring the river up and over the property. My uncle that lives on the highest spot had water in his house both times last year. He had just moved back in from the one in March and 3 weeks later it did it again. It was after thanksgiving before he moved back in the last time.
By mikeinkaty
Over the last 2 weeks my son and I have sent 11 swine to hog heaven. Got a BIG one showing up at the feeder now.
By LibbyLA
That's a good update, Mike. The big pig sty in the sky needs some more residents.
By johnnydeerhunter
That's great Mike, since we don't have hogs here that sounds like a lot of fun. I know if we had them I'd hate the sons a bitches.
By mikeinkaty
Came back to Texas after 3 weeks at my place in Oklahoma. Well guess what - My spartan quit sending pics about 4 hours later. I asked it to send a pic just before I left and it did. Power level was 5, and signal strength at the last status report was 3 bars. Be 2 months before I can get back up there.
By LibbyLA
Mike,

AT&T, by any chance? (Sorry, I don't remember and a quick read-through didn't tell me but I may have overlooked it.)

It may very well come back online. Don't give up just yet. I have several that occasionally miss sending an event photo here or there because of low signal. Your camera may have experienced a signal dip.
PA Bear and a buck

More PA bucks and a coyote

Boly new 4G Cellular Camera

Could you send me a PM with one of this batteries?[…]

All my cams are in boxes... and plenty of them hav[…]