Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Roscoe
Some talk about lithium batteries. Don't you have to use rechargeable when connecting external battery?

Externals do not charge or effect internals in any way, so you can use any batteries in the cam. I like to use rechargeable batteries because its more cost effective in the long run.
By 27jr
Roscoe thanks for that advice and yeah I know it's been painful for some to see me like a rock. There is more to this camera it seems than Covert. I'm just waiting till my 6v 12amp battery is ready.
By 27jr
Wonder why Covert moved away from Spartan model of buyasession to their current model of using their sim that is already tied to their portal and pay one price for how many photos and includes the app?

Coverts price of 10 dollars a month 1000 photos x 6 = 60 includes app with now a guess and being able to get HD photos for an additional cost. Your tied to that setup.

Spartan price
More functionality by choosing mms.lite, and premium services to meet one's budget.
$45 as mms camera without app or portal
Buyasession 6 months $45 + app (3.50 = $21) = 66. Includes HD photos at no additional cost and I don't think in 6 months I'd go through 2GB of data. That's depending on large thumbnail taking up data.

I like the Spartan a lot more as I differentiate between the two cameras.

I do hope that Bushnell Aggressor does something about the antenna and password with guess access.
By 27jr
Roscoe I hear yeah.

The Covers are good for my trails that may not have a lot of action and for 3.99 month for 100 photos that might be good enough.
By Roscoe
I think covert probably chose to handle the data so that they can make money selling data. It's really the only reason why they would do it. It's not any easier For the customer. As long as it works is all that matters.
By johnnydeerhunter
27jr, glad to see you're up and running! I always have the large sized pics sent and I have never come close to running out of data. The nice thing with using the app and being able to change the pics size is if you check your data and are getting close to your limit you can change the pics size to the smaller pics then.
By 27jr
Johnny - I keep getting SD card error 502 close app. When I remove the app and reinstall it the problem goes away but just came back again.

Unable to create directory : storage/emulated/0/pictures/gowireless

I've gone ahead and reformat the SD card with no problems. Why is that happening?
By johnnydeerhunter
It's a phone setting like Liz said. Follow that link she posted and allow the permission in your phone settings.

New member from Scotland and though I start with a[…]

1st Buck on camera for 2019

Its that time of the year....

:)

not sure if its true but if so its a good one.

I like his purple coat... very cool. Probably[…]