Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By T-post
I bought a Snyper General cellular camera last week; here's a few pics and first impressions:

front.JPG
front.JPG (142.33 KiB) Viewed 5013 times

opened.JPG
opened.JPG (175.66 KiB) Viewed 5013 times

rear.JPG
rear.JPG (146.43 KiB) Viewed 5013 times

Here's a few pictures from the Snyper and my Spartan for comparison:

Snyper morning.jpg
Snyper morning.jpg (434.73 KiB) Viewed 5013 times

Spartan morning.jpg
Spartan morning.jpg (409.28 KiB) Viewed 5013 times

Snyper night.jpg
Snyper night.jpg (294.22 KiB) Viewed 5013 times

Spartan night.jpg
Spartan night.jpg (190.02 KiB) Viewed 5013 times

Here's a few from the Snyper app. The app has advertising, which is awkward at first, but after a few times, I don't even notice it. I really like the feature that graphs out activity. The app stores pictures on the cloud, so it doesn't consume storage space on your phone.

app screen shot.PNG
app screen shot.PNG (294.06 KiB) Viewed 5013 times

ad on app.PNG
ad on app.PNG (218.36 KiB) Viewed 5013 times

app graphs.PNG
app graphs.PNG (109.7 KiB) Viewed 5013 times
By T-post
I forgot to mention that the General is Snyper's brand new model, it replaces the Commander. The General is so new, there's no information about it anywhere...it came with instructions for the Commander, which are mostly accurate. The print in the instruction manual is too small to be readable; I had to take pictures of the pages, then zoom into them. I did find a readable online Quick Start Guide for the Commander model, which is accurate for the General too.
Attachments
Snyper quick start guide.jpg
Snyper quick start guide.jpg (277.19 KiB) Viewed 4988 times
By T-post
Yes, it has an external power jack and runs on 12 volts. I bought 3 external power cords while I was at the Snyper booth, as they are the same as what fits the Spartan (just remember that the Spartan runs on 6 volts, not 12).
By 27jr
Thanks Pat. You can tell the big difference in photo quality when compared to Spartan. Would of been nice to have Covert as part of the comparison too.
By FredG
As far as I know, there is no lens option, it comes one way.

Hmmm... I was looking for the specs on their web site and couldn't find the General. The Commander specs show an option for the lens between wide and normal. Makes me wonder if maybe the General is actually just the 'name' for a Commander with the wide lens option and otherwise identical?
By LibbyLA
FredG,

No, the Commander and the General are physically different in appearance. The Commander had a two-part design with a separate front and back. The General is a regular "clamshell" design.

The Commander takes pictures that are very similar to the ones that Pat has posted from his General.
By T-post
Fred,

It's kinda frustrating to buy a new camera, but not have any information available for it. I'll look at my General in the next day or so to see if there's an option for wide / normal.

Pat
By T-post
Cody...Sorry for the late reply...I'm in the middle of moving....selling my house...and buying a new property...then start building a new shop and new house...instead of bowhunting...all this to keep my wife happy and be closer to our oldest daughter who will be due with our first grandchild next month :shock:

My General is still cranking out pictures. I quit using the app, but I don't remember exactly why. I now have the camera emailing a text message to my iPhone. The day pictures seem a little dark and have a little bit of a "cubic block" blur. The night pictures look pretty good.

Pat
Attachments
SYER0739.JPG
SYER0739.JPG (148.36 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
SYER0763.JPG
SYER0763.JPG (148.12 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
SYER0743.JPG
SYER0743.JPG (145.49 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
SYER0759.JPG
SYER0759.JPG (147.15 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
PA Bear and a buck

More PA bucks and a coyote