Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By phalanx
So I went to re-activate my Verizon cell cams and discovered one now has to do this directly with Verizon instead of HCO. New manuals say three ways to activate, online, in the store or call. I tried online and cannot get the website to show me plans to select but it at least recognizes the cam as a valid device. Tried the website off and on for the past three days and used different computers, laptops, phones and tablets, no joy. Today I chatted with Alex and he mirrored my screen while I went through the process and all he had to offer was wow I need to get customer care to look at this and then we lost our connection. So this afternoon I went to the Verizon store and they were totally clueless, left pretty pissed, no idea these cams existed and swore they didn't sell or connect to these cams so I showed them there website. Last resort is to try calling sales on Tuesday and see if I can get them activated but I am not holding my breath. Will probably call HCO to see if they can help on Tuesday also. What a cluster!

John
By LibbyLA
Are these the version that have their own plans (VZW, $15/month and up) or the ones that you add to your phone plan (VCT)?

If they are VZW, then someone at HCO has to do something so that you can activate it from Verizon. If VCT, then they should already be activatable on your phone.

Big question is whether they are VCT or VZW.
By phalanx
Libby,

They are ones that are the $15 per month plans and used the "same" way last year. I have not added the cams to my Verizon cell service in the past.
Thanks
John
By LibbyLA
The new manual is for the VCT, not the VZW that you have. If you have Verizon phone service and want to add those cameras to your phone plan for $5 per month, you need to call HCO so they can make some changes (add the MEIDs to a database, I think) and then you'll be able to proceed. You r cameras are not the version that Verizon sells or handles activation for so it's no wonder no one at Verizon knew what to do with them.

You should still be able to get the old monthly plan (I think) but you have to do that through HCO. I've never activated one of those plans so I don't know how that works.

You may want to email support@spartancamera.com or call 770-582-0004 9 am - 6 pm Eastern M-F. I don't know whether Monday is a holiday for them.
By phalanx
Thanks Libby,

Yes, VZW and would like to keep them off my Verizon account. Perhaps you could mention to HCO that the website may not be functioning properly and not very clear. When I went to my spartan camera account to look at plans and purchase one like I did last year the plans page was blank which drove me to search the web for activation procedures.

Once again thank you for your assistance!

John
By phalanx
Libby,

After re-reading your post I went back to spartan camera and used internet explorer vice google chrome and to my surprise the data plans were there! Yea! I selected the one I wanted, added to the cart and paid successfully. One cam says its already activated, shouldn't be, so that one I will have to call about. Murphy must've been with me the last two days! Glad he decided to go bug someone else.

Thank you again!

John
By LibbyLA
I'm glad you're on the road to getting things to work the way you need them to! I know it's aggravating and frustrating when they don't.

When you talk to the folks at HCO, do mention the problems you've had. It's possible that the new web site has some glitches.
1st Buck on camera for 2019

Its that time of the year....

:)

not sure if its true but if so its a good one.

I like his purple coat... very cool. Probably[…]

Bucks Stayed Home Last Night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm6Bxuox2EI