Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By wvbuckmaster
where do i start. this has been the most frustrating year ive ever had with these cameras. they work for a few days then all of a sudden stop working. all my services are paid and up to date. i pay for premium service from spartan. one cam like i said works for a while then all of sudden quits communicating. no status report no daily photo nothing on portal. i can go to cam pull card and it is still taking pics but not sending them to me.

other cam i recently purchased will not update through portal. i cannot make any changes or access photos from portal. it will text them to me but sometimes some photos are 12 hours late.

one cam i have updated to a 09-27 firmware update and will on the other when i can get to it. not feeling confident about it because i have the one cam at home that has been updated and its still not right. not sure what has changed but this has been a very frustrating year with these cams. they worked great for me last couple of years but ive had more issues last 2 months than ever

i run both cams through ATT.

anyone have any suggestions,advice, or anyone else experiencing the same issues?

i know it s a long post but i needed to vent. we all have a lot of money invested in these cams and we should be getting better results from these cams
By johnnydeerhunter
9/27 firmware, is that something support emailed to you? It's odd that you get the photos through text but not the app or on the portal. Any chance the camera is set to auto and not premium?
By wvbuckmaster
yes this was sent via email from spartan.
the update i guess addresses the issue im having although im not convinced. i have a couple of friends who are having the same issues . very frustrating

you know im not sure about that. i know that before i put it out it was on premium but anything is possible. gonna try to get to camera asap
By johnnydeerhunter
Was your camera getting stuck in setting when trying to send a manual picture?
By wvbuckmaster
yes. then it would say failed

the first time this happen and i posted about it you guys had me send a manual pic. it took it 1 1/2 hours to go through and it fixed it. this has happened 3 times
By johnnydeerhunter
yes. then it would say failed

the first time this happen and i posted about it you guys had me send a manual pic. it took it 1 1/2 hours to go through and it fixed it. this has happened 3 times

I'm not sure I've had someone say it has failed after sitting in setup for that long. Hopefully this fixes you up.
By T-post
I feel your pain. Dont even get me started

Cody...have you called HCO and talked to them in the last month? Many odd issues are fixed with the 9/27 firmware update and the updated procedure for installing the firmware update.

Pat
By hogdeer79
I feel your pain. Dont even get me started

Cody...have you called HCO and talked to them in the last month? Many odd issues are fixed with the 9/27 firmware update and the updated procedure for installing the firmware update.

Pat

I haven't called them. It's mainly my friends cam that is having most of the issues. Johnny sent me a firmware and I bet that's the same one you are talking about. Looked at the site and there is nothing about the 9/27 firmware so it must be a beta
By johnnydeerhunter
Why would they not make it available for everyone to use instead of it being provided after having issues?

The things that this update addresses are very location specific. My guess is that it has not been tested enough on cameras that don't have the symptoms to release it as a general update. I would say over time it will be incorporated into a standard firmware update available to all.
By T-post
Yes, the 9/27 firmware is to address issues that are location specific. Charlene at HCO told me it's currently a beta version, as they are still tweaking as they get feedback on the results.

HCO had me install the update differently from the procedure that they've given in the past:

How to manually apply a Firmware Update.

Please use the following steps to properly load a new firmware on your camera:

Make sure to start with an empty sd card.
Download the file attached to this email and transfer it to the blank SD card. Only download the file once, and do not open the file. The file name should look like FWS100.bin. If the has any other name ( "FWS100.bin (1)" for example) it will not work.
Once the file is on the SD card, lock the SD card.
Make sure your camera is not on low battery.
Turn the camera OFF. Place the SD Card into the Camera.
Switch the camera to Setup.
The camera should beep at you with one long beep, followed a couple of seconds later by 2 or 3 short beeps.
Under the System Menu choose Information and verify the firmware version has indeed changed. The new firmware name will begin with 2017/09/27-
Load Camera Defaults: Press the Menu button. Under System Menu, select Default, Press OK, select Yes.
Next, go to the "Wireless" tab, go to "Diagnostic" and run the Hello Test. You may need to run this one two or three times to get a successful test.
NOTE: Since default settings have been applied, you will need to go back and select all your options the way you want them. This is especially important if you are using the GoWireless Auto service.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once the firmware is updated on the camera, unlock the SD card and remove the firmware file from it. If the file stays on the card and the card is ever put back in the camera, the firmware update process will start up again.
By Gforce
Is there a change log for 9/27 firmware, would be interest to know what issues newer firmware addresses. Newer Firmware should always have a change log, it helps address any older problems and if a solution is found and will help identify any new problems.
By hogdeer79
Yes, the 9/27 firmware is to address issues that are location specific. Charlene at HCO told me it's currently a beta version, as they are still tweaking as they get feedback on the results.

HCO had me install the update differently from the procedure that they've given in the past:

How to manually apply a Firmware Update.

Please use the following steps to properly load a new firmware on your camera:

Make sure to start with an empty sd card.
Download the file attached to this email and transfer it to the blank SD card. Only download the file once, and do not open the file. The file name should look like FWS100.bin. If the has any other name ( "FWS100.bin (1)" for example) it will not work.
Once the file is on the SD card, lock the SD card.
Make sure your camera is not on low battery.
Turn the camera OFF. Place the SD Card into the Camera.
Switch the camera to Setup.
The camera should beep at you with one long beep, followed a couple of seconds later by 2 or 3 short beeps.
Under the System Menu choose Information and verify the firmware version has indeed changed. The new firmware name will begin with 2017/09/27-
Load Camera Defaults: Press the Menu button. Under System Menu, select Default, Press OK, select Yes.
Next, go to the "Wireless" tab, go to "Diagnostic" and run the Hello Test. You may need to run this one two or three times to get a successful test.
NOTE: Since default settings have been applied, you will need to go back and select all your options the way you want them. This is especially important if you are using the GoWireless Auto service.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once the firmware is updated on the camera, unlock the SD card and remove the firmware file from it. If the file stays on the card and the card is ever put back in the camera, the firmware update process will start up again.

What issues were you having that lead you to the newer firmware?
By Gforce
Any issues in Location would be with the Network and radio transmitter of the cam or it's operating code, not the Rom(OS) of the Cam. Could be a hardware problem that is incompatible with the network at that location or the code or radio-frequency run at that location. 850/1900 is the standard band for AT&T 3g, but they also use the 1700/2100 band in some locations for 3g. You see if the radios in the Cam are coded for 850/1900 standard band for AT&T and the 1700/2100 band is used at that location there could be a problem. Could be a Hardware problem with incompatible chip sets that will never be fixed satisfactorily or a Code Problem that can be tuned with code. If the the 1700/2100 band is being used at that location it's probably a Partner Tower or a contract T-Mobile roaming agreement Tower not owned by AT&T. This is the reason everybody should stay away from any Beta firmware while they are testing this if they are having no problems.

The old saying is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Last edited by Gforce on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
PA Bear and a buck

More PA bucks and a coyote

Boly new 4G Cellular Camera

Could you send me a PM with one of this batteries?[…]

All my cams are in boxes... and plenty of them hav[…]