Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By johnnydeerhunter
On Android it's in the same drop down as HD photo request
Attachments
Screenshot_20171210-151321.png
Screenshot_20171210-151321.png (1.83 MiB) Viewed 1319 times
By Roscoe
As far as the power usage, I’ve not been using one long enough to form anything solid on that. Currently I’ve had one in the field since 11/4 on ultimate Lithiums. It’s been in pic+10 sec higher res videos mode. 739 triggers so far. I didn’t look at how many vids I’ve requested, but I’m certain it’s less than 10%.
By bowhtr1
The firmware is 10-29-17. Again somewhere I saw where I can set it to do an auto update but don't know where it was. My request videos showed up. Maybe I had to wait on the camera to update. I requested a video about 15 mins ago and nothing yet. The pic showed p3 so it may not have enough power.
Are y'all using power save, and what does that do? My sla pack is going out today. Ross I would be very happy with one if it lasted as yours. Maybe it's just the 10 sec. High res video setting that burns through them.
By johnnydeerhunter
If you requested the videos after you requested the firmware update then it wouldn't have sent the videos until the update was complete. I run the camera with power save turned on. With the video that you just requested it won't send the video until after the camera checks in again by either sending a status report or another photo (as long as the batteries have enough power). There is no auto update for the firmware that I am aware of.
By Roscoe
Tim, there’s no auto FW update setting. The idea has been discussed, but I don’t think it’s going to happen.

When I have mine in pic+video, I always have it on the higher res video setting with 10 second vids. Only time I’ve run it in video only was for testing purposes.

Video only setting would be pretty battery & Data hungry as I think the higher res 10 sec videos are 7-8mb each.

Power Saving refers to whether the camera is online all the time or not. Power Saving “on” means the camera is connected to the cellular network only when it needs to be to transmit. Power Saving “off” means the camera is connected to the cellular network all the time. Only benefit to that would be faster picture transmission after trigger because the camera spends no time connecting. I’m not sure that’s a decent trade off for the additional power use.
By johnnydeerhunter
Video is a feature on the newer model cameras, both Verizon and ATT
By Roscoe
Wow, I didn't realize this new feature existed. Is the video transmission feature only on the Verizon camera, or does it work for ATT also?

Pat

Pat, there is a 3g ATT version just released that transmits video (GC-ATTxB). No sure if there is an IR (i) version of it or not. I’ve been running a couple since April and have 4 total now. They are darn good, very fast compared to older 3g models. There is a 4g ATT version in the works for sometime next year.
By T-post
Cool, I got a GC-ATTxB last month...I'm going to try out the picture+video setting. I've been very impressed with that camera thus far...even the box that it comes in is impressive; I felt like I was unboxing a new iPhone... :D
By johnnydeerhunter
Cool, I got a GC-ATTxB last month...I'm going to try out the picture+video setting. I've been very impressed with that camera thus far...even the box that it comes in is impressive; I felt like I was unboxing a new iPhone... :D

You are going to love it!!
By bowhtr1
Ok finally got the video. I connected the external battery. Showing 5.7 volts. Firmware is showing the date of 10/31/17. Is that the latest version? Everything seems to be working but when it sends a picture I get two with the exact time stamp but different pictures. The second picture is taken a few seconds later but has the same time on the picture. I just got a double event pictures at 0700.
Anthony I set my cam for pic/video and set the pictures for 8mp and the video for high resolution and 10 seconds. When I request videos I get the high resolution videos sent to me.
Last edited by bowhtr1 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By johnnydeerhunter
That's the latest firmware, sounds like you have burst mode turned on to two pics and that's why your getting the doubles. I would set that to single so the video starts sooner. I would also set the camera to 5mp since that's the native resolution of the sensor, no sense wasting time and battery power interpolating the photo to 8mp.
By bowhtr1
It started the double picture deal on its own. No burst mode. Today it decided to only send one per trip. ????? I didn't change anything.
By bowhtr1
No more double picture but I requested a video and got two of the same video. ????

I agree but I'm working on saving those 50% that d[…]

Boly new 4G Cellular Camera

What is the cost of the Molnus system ? It&rs[…]

Last Check Water Hole

Very nice! What kind of Browning cam is this? […]

My last pics

Really nice pictures, I especially like the pictur[…]