Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By johnnydeerhunter
Occasionally you will get a random double pic or video. Keep an eye on it and see how often it happens.
By Anthony
Assuming the camera has retry logic, it depends on the server sending a response back to the camera that says "hey I got the file ok - we are good". If the internet connection was lost after the file was delivered but before the response was received by the camera then by design it may retry. At least that is how it was designed when I was developing this part of the system.

If the camera does not get the response then it may try and send again. The occasional double pic is better than the often missing pic, you should agree.

If the double issue is rare and random then it is very likely to be internet disconnections due to any number of reasons and the retry I described above. However, if double sends occur from requesting a photo or video as an action and only then, then it could indicate a server code bug.
By bowhtr1
It did the double pictures for a 24 hr period and then stopped. This is the first video request that it doubled down on. I will keep an eye on it.
By bowhtr1
4 of 5 bars.
By bowhtr1
I requested another video and only got one so its working right for now.
By Roscoe
I requested another video and only got one so its working right for now.

Just keep an eye on it Tim. I’m running 6 Cameras in pic+video now. I see the double video request delivery every now and then. Just like I’ll occassionally get double motion pics sent or double scheduled pics sent. Just not often enough to see any pattern or be concerned about it.
By bowhtr1
I'm not to concerned about it. If it starts happening a lot then I might start worrying about batteries and data.
Boly new 4G Cellular Camera

Doesn't look too bad..maybe a bit bright in the m[…]

Another nice PA buck

Should be another good one.

Best Browning for pics/video

Had some reward points and picked up a Recon Force[…]

This is exactly why I went with a 20w panel, never[…]