Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Christian500
Hi all
Very inexperienced with cameras I have a ltl acorn and that’s it
Trying to protect a bush shack from possible intruders or nosey people and want to monitor it whilst I’m gone
I am completely overwhelmed by choice of cameras and asking different shops just get pushed toward there stock
Located in Australia so average cost is 500 plus so no small investment
Hoping to externally plug into power or get a small solar setup for it.
Could I have some experienced suggestions
Cheers
By johnnydeerhunter
I believe the Spartan Gocams are sold there as well. They should run on the Telstra and Spark networks.
By bowhtr1
500 US dollars? If you want a cell cam go with the Spartan Gocams. Not sure what else is available over there.
By Christian500
So I have looked at quite a few and Spartans keep coming up
There’s a reasonable variety but just need to know there good just concerned 8mp not enough
By johnnydeerhunter
Most (if not all)cameras don't actually have the size sensor in the camera that they say is the max mp's, it's called interpolation. The Spartan cameras have a 5 mp sensor and that's what I have my camera set to. What the camera does if you set it higher than native resolution is interpolate the image (make up pixels) to give the higher mp rating. Some manufacturers actually say they are 20 or 30 mp's when they are 3-5 in actuality. What's important is the quality of the components used. One nice thing with the Spartans is that you can set the transmitted image to a larger size than the normal 640 sized image. It makes the quality of the image much better with a lot more zoomability. You also have the option to have the camera send you an HD image which is the full sized image from the sd card. Keep in mind with cell cameras that you also are not getting the full sized image sent to you regularly, you are getting a compressed image (thumbnail) which makes the mp's less of a factor.

Here's an image that the camera sent me
Attachments
19714261_20170321081329_IMAG8925-100-8925.JPG
19714261_20170321081329_IMAG8925-100-8925.JPG (1.78 MiB) Viewed 1633 times
By Anthony
There’s a reasonable variety but just need to know there good just concerned 8mp not enough

I recommend that people do not shop based on MP rating....
http://www.chasingame.com/do-higher-meg ... e-quality/
By bowhtr1

I recommend that people do not shop based on MP rating....
http://www.chasingame.com/do-higher-meg ... e-quality/" target="_blank

X2
Best Cam barring Buckeye

The lion came by again http://www.chasingame.com/[…]

Best Browning for pics/video

I have to Browning and except for the battery box […]

Best Trail Cam for around $100

Funny there. I did not notice the date until you […]

Boly new 4G Cellular Camera

BC-02 has it's own battery box. Resellers may sel[…]