Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to USA Trail Cam cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By RAM
I will be analyzing the photo quality later.
I just got a recruit and have not pulled a card off it yet.

But, there are a few things I noticed off the bat that I thought were nice.
Particularly in the anti theft area.

1, If you don't leave the remote it, a thief cant change any settings in the camera. This is helpful due to #2.

2, You have the option of displaying your serial number. Only an idiot would post pictures from a stolen camera on the internet when the serial number was displayed. And since he does not have the remote, he can not change the settings.

3, Password protection.

Of course none of this prevents someone from actually stealing the camera in the first place, but if all manufacturers did this, it would send a message that trail cameras are not worth stealing in the first place.

I like it. I think its a good set of ideas.

Hopefully the camera photos live up to the advertising.
By LibbyLA
I can see pros and cons. It's nice to have options.

I would manage to misplace the remote and keeping track of multiple remotes for multiple cameras would be a nightmare (or maybe you can use one remote for several cameras). I can see the value from an anti theft POV unless the thief could buy a replacement remote.

Is the S/N on the info strip or inside the photo? If on the info strip, if it's on a plain black area, it's easy to edit out. If it's in a watermarked area (IOW over something multicolor) it would be more difficult but not impossible if you can find other pics on the internet that don't display the S/N. Most thieves probably wouldn't go to the effort, but I bet a lot of people using trail cams to take pics don't share them with anyone. It wouldn't make any difference to them whether there was a S/N or not.

In theory, I like the idea of password protection, but I can't even imagine entering passwords to get to all the cameras we have. It's bad enough to have six keys for all the different locks even with the keys and locks somewhat color-coded. If you don't have many cameras, password protection is great. Back when we were running just a few cameras, we used password protection but gave up on that pretty quickly because it was a PITA.

None of these things will prevent theft by someone who is just being pure mean and destructive. We had four cameras in locked security boxes that were lag-screwed to trees pried off the trees and I seriously doubt it was someone stealing them to use them. It was either trespassers we'd caught and filed charges against or hunters who didn't want us watching the property line where their dogs came onto our property.
By Ol Arky
I really think, maybe be totally wrong, that the low life's that steal trail cameras do so for the memory card.... :?: :?: :?:
By scdeerslayer
I really think, maybe be totally wrong, that the low life's that steal trail cameras do so for the memory card.... :?: :?: :?:

That's my opinion - they just don't want you to see their picture. They care nothing about using the camera but they might since they already have it.
By dbaxter
I was very fortunate one time. A thief opened my cam & stole the card and then closed the cam back up. :|

David
3 legged doe visits again

It's been a little while since she came over to vi[…]

https://youtu.be/wpiPNRVmMzU

Bobcat's back.

bad luck this time but sooner or later, you will g[…]

Thief

I'm not sure what kind of egg this crow found but […]