Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to all Ridgetec Outdoors and Ridgetec cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By SquirrelyDan
Just got the lookout dual and have been testing which quality and resolution to go with. As of right now I have it on medium medium and pics seem fine and only run 3.25 points. In picture mode what quality and resolution do you like to run? And how many points does it run ? I have set out 3D archery targets and mark yardages and have been testing quality and detection. Not sure if rain and wet weather play a role in detection but on high it picks me up at around 40-50 ft . I live in western WA and the detection reaches out a little bit farther when it is dry. I have the camera set at 4ft and have tried walking straight at the camera and walking horizontaly at different yardages . I plan to have these set over feeders and would appreciate any input on settings for quality etc ... Thanks
By reaperman
I use my Lookout in video mode in “standard high” resolution. The video quality is very good and the thumbnail photo sent to your phone is excellent quality and only costs 3 points. There is no requirement for you to by the video just because it’s taken. Obviously, you have the option to purchase anything that looks interesting. I like having audio, and the microphone on the Lookout is excellent. In the first year of using the camera, I heard more deer grunting in videos as I did in the previous 10 years combined. I run my Lookout off of a old car battery which I haven’t had to charge up in over a year. And that’s taking into account the battery was powering the camera thru a cold Minnesota winter too. In fact the last time I charged it, the portal was telling me I still had 100% battery. An external cable is a worthy investment. Detection wise, this camera has good eyes. I get many 80-100’ triggers. I keep my pir setting on Medium year around. I realize hot weather has its effect on detection range but medium setting keeps me happy. It’s a great camera and the communication between the camera, portal, and cell phone just plain works.
By SquirrelyDan
I plan to get a solar system for the camera soon. I agree the app and portal work very well. It is nice to have all the customization available with the settings as well. I noticed some water pooling on the PIR sensor which might be hindering the detection range. Do you run any anti fog spray on the lens\PIR sensor?
By Anthony
I tend ot run all my cameras in Video mode. From a points stand point it is cheaper. Plus you can request s video rather than a bigger version of the same photo on demand.
By SquirrelyDan
Amy tips on detection range? I have drove my vehicle past it at 70ft and sometimes it never detects it. And when it does it is at the far end of the frame. Does the water pooling on the PIR lense affect detection ?
By Anthony
aimed correctly it will trigger at 200 feet. My drive way cam captures every vehicle on the road at 150 feet. If you get too many distant triggers, aim the camera a few degrees more towards the ground and it will sense more in the fore ground and less in the distance. This is the advice I give people. also be aware of the sensitivity switch on the inside under the buttons.
By reaperman
To be on the safe side, point your camera a bit lower than you may think. Or lower it a bit on the tree. I was overshooting animals on some of my setups. Trail camera body styles vary by manufacturers so we need to learn how to adjust accordingly.
By SquirrelyDan
I will try aiming it a little different . Which antenna is att and which is Verizon ? If I were to upgrade the antenna for Verizon.
By Anthony
both antennas are required. neither is for a specific carrier.

To install a high gain booster antenna, remove only the LEFT antenna while FACING the camera. leave the other antenna attached.
Stuck on Stupid!

https://youtu.be/a0Jm88R18t4

toothed fox

:D

Top notch quality vid. Might have to get me one of[…]

Is this a pregnant coyote ?

https://vimeo.com/437821025