Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Moultrie cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By bowhtr1
Interesting. I will be waiting to see some pictures when they come out.
By csb
Got this from Moultrie today,

Dear Sir/Madam,

The White Flash camera is new for 2016. It is scheduled to be available from mid-March to early April. It does not have a number to it, such as the “D80”, it is just the “White Flash”.

Thank You for using PRADCO Outdoors Products!
By T-post
I got one... I'd give it 4 stars out of 5. It's not quite the picture quality as a homebrew or Cuddeback (yes, I think the Cuddeback is better), but the night pictures are 100% usable and don't have the motion blur that the white LED flash cameras tend to have. As best as I can remember this camera has quite a few customizable settings, I think there's even a flash intensity setting. I don't remember what my settings are, but here's a few sample pics:

Would I buy a second Moultrie White Flash? Yes, I probably will.
By FredG
Looking pretty good to me Pat. Have you determined what the minimum recovery time of the capacitors is for night pics?
By catman
I have 3 of them.

The Good:
* Great photos and in general I like Moultries and their easy programming.

The Bad:
* 2 out of 3 take pink photos. Moultrie suggested that I try a class 4 SD card???
* The python holes are at a weird angle.
* The battery life isn't good compared to my Whiteflash SG565

I appreciate the whiteflash from a major company but this one needs a little work in my opinion. I would love it if Covert/SG565 was made without the remote.
By talks2elk
Have you determined what the minimum recovery time of the capacitors is for night pics?

That would be nice to know. Cuddeback is between 20 and 30 seconds between each night shot. Hopefully Moultrie will be less than that
By FredG
Have you determined what the minimum recovery time of the capacitors is for night pics?

That would be nice to know. Cuddeback is between 20 and 30 seconds between each night shot. Hopefully Moultrie will be less than that

How right you are T2E! My original Cudde C1 (stolen) had a 3/4" bulb and small capacitor and it recharged in 8 to 10 seconds. On the more recent C1's they have gone to a brighter (longer range) 1" bulb and a bigger capacitor that takes 20-22 seconds minimum to recharge. That is an absolute eternity when there is good action going on!! Since Cuddeback pooh-poohed my suggestion of offering both standard and long range flash modules, I was hoping Moultrie would fill the gap with a quick recharge model.

Also, the old weaker flash was way kinder on the batteries!
By johnnydeerhunter
Looking pretty good to me Pat. Have you determined what the minimum recovery time of the capacitors is for night pics?

CSB has one and I think he said it's 5-8 seconds, I'm only going by memory so lets wait for someone with one of the cameras to be sure.
By T-post
Okay, it's nighttime and I'm experimenting with the camera.
I selected the shortest PIR delay, which is 5 seconds.
Photo quality is set on High.
I'm using a class 10 SD card.
The flash has three options; short, medium, and long.
With the flash set on short, I can trigger a flash picture every 8 seconds.
With the flash set on long, I can trigger a flash picture every 10 seconds.
Done with them!

https://youtu.be/pwU_AGPbBiI?list=UUx6h-dWzJ5NpAlj[…]

3 legged doe visits again

It's been a little while since she came over to vi[…]

https://youtu.be/wpiPNRVmMzU

Bobcat's back.

bad luck this time but sooner or later, you will g[…]