Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Moultrie cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By FredG
Okay, it's nighttime and I'm experimenting with the camera.
I selected the shortest PIR delay, which is 5 seconds.
Photo quality is set on High.
I'm using a class 10 SD card.
The flash has three options; short, medium, and long.
With the flash set on short, I can trigger a flash picture every 8 seconds.
With the flash set on long, I can trigger a flash picture every 10 seconds.

Thank you very much for going to that trouble Pat! That's good information!
By csb
Pat, are you happy with yours so far? I had some issues with the cam coming up with an error "No Memory". I tried a couple of new cards in it and no problem. I then went back to that original card and it was ok.
By T-post
I haven't used the camera much yet, but I'm thrilled that Moultrie has brought back a white strobe flash camera...the white led flash cameras all seem to have excessive motion blur.
I've had a little better quality of pictures from other white flash cameras (years ago), but these pictures are certainly one hundred percent usable. I plan to use several of these cameras at our protein feeders to monitor our current buck inventory. You just can't beat and old fashion white strobe flash for seeing detail in night pictures.
By saolaguy
Thanks for the reports. I might have to try one of these units. I really need white-flash for my research, and the LED cameras I've used in the past, including Reconyx, produce a lot of motion blur at night.
By FredG
Thanks for the reports. I might have to try one of these units. I really need white-flash for my research, and the LED cameras I've used in the past, including Reconyx, produce a lot of motion blur at night.

I would think that the conformal coating on the guts of the Cuddeback C1 would be a distinct advantage with the longevity of the camera in the jungles of Vietnam. Also, the interchangeable/replaceable design of the flash modules on the C series cameras ($30/flash module) and the designed isolation of the flash compartment from the rest of the camera electronics would seem to be an advantage. The instantaneous high heat output from the xenon flash mixed with extremely high humidity of your environment would likely cause a lot of condensation and possible corrosion if it's not isolated from the electronic guts of the camera and cause premature failure. Since I don't own one of the Moultries I can't speak to it's design, etc., but it does have a distinct advantage in the quicker recharge ability (8-10sec) vs. the newer Cudde's 18-22 sec. Below is a crappy pic of the isolated flash module compartment on the C1...
I'm not trying to say one is better than the other, not owning both I have no opinion on that... Just trying to point out what I think might be a point for your consideration.
Done with them!

https://youtu.be/pwU_AGPbBiI?list=UUx6h-dWzJ5NpAlj[…]

3 legged doe visits again

It's been a little while since she came over to vi[…]

https://youtu.be/wpiPNRVmMzU

Bobcat's back.

bad luck this time but sooner or later, you will g[…]