Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Moultrie cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By ElmerKeith
Last year I bought a brandnew Moultrie M40 but unfortunately the cam does not create any sound while taking vids.

First I thought that the camera failed to record any sound while testing the cam in my office letting my coworkers playing the part of deer, fox and badger. The camera was placed on top of my office desk and the micro is mounted at the bottom of the cam.

But the cam also failed to deliver sound while hanging in the woods mounted on a tree. My Browning trail cams have a clear sound when operated in video modus.
By Tinhorn
I wonder if the sound is just too low? my Primos has that problem

You might try this, this Batch File will make Movie's Sound Louder, it don't hurt the original file

It's need a file off the Internet called "ffmpeg.exe"
https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

You can guestimate the boost value or there is a way to get the right value with too ffmpeg but right now, just guess

1st
create a folder on the Desktop, maybe called LOUD

2nd
<Copy> the code below and <Paste> it into NotePad (not wordpad or Word, it has to be only TEXT)

NOTE THIS:
The below 3 variables can be changed if needed, see notes below

set ExtToChange=avi
set NewExt=mp4
set Loud=40dB

ExtToChange = the Original movie EXTENSION (e.g. AVI, Mov, mpg, etc)
NewExt = the Converted movie EXTENSION (e.g. mp4, mpg, mov, etc)
loud = increase volume (10db is double sound)

3rd
save it in the folder called "VolumeBoost.bat"
(change .txt to .bat)

4th
put ffmpeg.exe in the Folder

5th
copy some movies into the Folder

6th
Double Click "VolumeBoost.bat"
and play the movies and see if the sound is louder

Batch Code is Below:

@ECHO OFF
rem *************************************************************************************
rem *************************************************************************************

rem NOTE NOTE NOTE

rem if you make changes to the settings.....
rem make sure there are NO SPACES after these 4 variable settings
rem ( e.g. "mp4 " not allowed )

Rem The below 3 variables can be changed if needed, see notes below

set ExtToChange=avi
set NewExt=mp4
set Loud=40dB

rem ExtToChange = the Original movie EXTENSION (e.g. AVI, Mov, mpg, etc)
rem NewExt = the Converted movie EXTENSION (e.g. mp4, mpg, mov, etc)
rem loud = increase volume (10db is double sound)

rem *********** Main Code *****************************************************

set start=%date% %time%

For %%X in (*.%ExtToChange%) do (

cls
@Echo.
@Echo.

ffmpeg -nostats -i "%%X" -af "volume=%Loud%" -vcodec copy "%%X.%NewExt%"

)

@Echo Done, deleting temporary files

if exist "null.%NewExt%" del "null.%NewExt%"
if exist ffmpeg2pass-0.log del ffmpeg2pass-0.log

@echo off
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
for %%j in (*.%NewExt%) do (
set filename=%%~nj
set filename=!filename:.%ExtToChange%=!

rem if not "!filename!"=="%%~nj" ren "%%j" "!filename!%%~xj"
)

@Echo.

@Echo Start: %start%
@Echo.
@Echo End : %date% %time%
@Echo.
@Echo.
@Echo.

pause
By picdic
aside from the lack of audio, how has the cam been?
has it's battery life been decent?
I love my M-888 and was considering a newer model, but I saw on trailcampro that they found the M-50 to be very hard on batteries.
I wouldn't be upset with no audio, it's really not necessary at all. I have never found myself wondering what the animals were saying. all it ever does is record the wind in the trees or the animals stepping on leaves. video quality would be most important for me.
3 legged doe visits again

It's been a little while since she came over to vi[…]

https://youtu.be/wpiPNRVmMzU

Bobcat's back.

bad luck this time but sooner or later, you will g[…]

Thief

I'm not sure what kind of egg this crow found but […]