Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By sotex
I have a couple of um562's and they are great. One covert black ops...works so so.

Can buy an um562 or panda for same price. Obviously the black flash leans me towards the panda but only 8 batteries makes me think 562. I get good cell service to my current 562's and the covert.

What say you with experience with both?
By mikeinkaty
I have a couple of um562's and they are great. One covert black ops...works so so.

Can buy an um562 or panda for same price. Obviously the black flash leans me towards the panda but only 8 batteries makes me think 562. I get good cell service to my current 562's and the covert.

If you don't want to command the cam remotely, then get the UM562. Else get the Panda - UNLESS you will be doing a lot of night pics and need lots of light. The black light of the panda is not as bright as the red light on the UM562. Maybe the Panda with an extender?? In all other aspects the cams seem to be identical.

Black light / Red light - neither seem to scare my urban critters.

Personally I prefer the ability to remotely command the cams and use an extender when needed.

Mike
By sotex

If you don't want to command the cam remotely, then get the UM562. Else get the Panda - UNLESS you will be doing a lot of night pics and need lots of light. The black light of the panda is not as bright as the red light on the UM562. Maybe the Panda with an extender?? In all other aspects the cams seem to be identical.

Black light / Red light - neither seem to scare my urban critters.

How is the battery life? Only 8 batteries. Mine are out on the ranch in s texas so no real cold weather. If I can get 2 months, I'm happy.
By mikeinkaty
Sotex, I have never run my Panda without an external battery and solar cell. My soak time can be 6 months in the winter. So, I have no data to go by. Right now the soak time has been almost 3 months and it is still showing 009 as the battery condition. Ditto on my 562. It's on an external battery and solar cell too. Both cams are on 12V SLA batteries that use voltage regulators to get the cam voltage down to about 6.7V. I am running other stuff on the batteries that require 12V.

Mike

Yes, my brother and I learned the hard way by lo[…]

Michigan, Brrrrr ...

Its winter for sure there. https://vimeo.com/3731[…]

You need to stop eating so much chilli ... :mrgree[…]

Spartan 3G finally quit

Mike was the 3g cameras firmware up to date? SD ca[…]