Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By LibbyLA
I don't know what's happening for y'all, but it doesn't sound good at all. If I don't have a picture in 2 minutes or less, I'm not going to get one. Our camera is pretty consistently just over a minute from the time I send the command until I get a photo.

Check your AT&T logs and look at the times for SMS terminating and MMS originating. See how much of your time is AT&T and how much is from your phone to AT&T and from AT&T to your phone. I'm really curious about the AT&T part of the time. Ours is definitely under 110 seconds or it's not at all.
By bowhtr1
I don't know what's happening for y'all, but it doesn't sound good at all. If I don't have a picture in 2 minutes or less, I'm not going to get one. Our camera is pretty consistently just over a minute from the time I send the command until I get a photo.

Check your AT&T logs and look at the times for SMS terminating and MMS originating. See how much of your time is AT&T and how much is from your phone to AT&T and from AT&T to your phone. I'm really curious about the AT&T part of the time. Ours is definitely under 110 seconds or it's not at all.

Mine is the same when they work. I had att turn mine off them back on and they are working again, even in the day but they do miss some pics. They were silent for 3 days and I had to check on them.
By LibbyLA
Tim,

Did you request pics during those three days and not get any?

So far, mine fails to respond for maybe a couple of hours at a time (always during the day) but it hasn't gone silent for any length of time.

I did get whiteouts for hours during midday a couple or three days ago. The whiteout thing is truly annoying but at least it's taking and sending photos.

Got one not too long ago of a big, fat coon strolling around the trap.
By rebbie
My 2014 3G camera responds to every picture request I send it. I have tried just about every hour of the day and so far so good. Just please fix the annoying whiteout photos Covert! Again Covert is silent !!!
By bowhtr1
Got a low battery signal this morning. 11 days on that set. Did have all kinds of issue including red blinking lights. ?????
By phade
My 2014 3G camera responds to every picture request I send it. I have tried just about every hour of the day and so far so good. Just please fix the annoying whiteout photos Covert! Again Covert is silent !!!

Rebbie - where are you getting your SIMs? A store or online?
By rebbie
I got my SIM card at an official AT&T Store.
By rebbie
I got my SIM card at an official AT&T Store.

Did you have or provide the IMEI when you got the SIM?

No.
By rebbie
Got a low battery signal this morning. 11 days on that set. Did have all kinds of issue including red blinking lights. ?????

That seems very bad. How many photos did it take in total? My Lithium batteries were shot after about 5 weeks and about 1000 photos, but I also had the blinking red light issue at first. I am not sure how much affect that had on draining the batteries quicker?
By bowhtr1

That seems very bad. How many photos did it take in total? My Lithium batteries were shot after about 5 weeks and about 1000 photos, but I also had the blinking red light issue at first. I am not sure how much affect that had on draining the batteries quicker?

I dont know how many I still have the card in the cam. My home computer is out so I cant check them for now. I get my computer back today.
cel phone game cameras

I have a covert black and I've noticed you can get[…]

This firmware is now available. You can update yo[…]

Fall is showing its age

It is showing its age. This time of year goes by q[…]

Spypoint made a camera with a swap-able flash unit[…]