Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Roscoe
Ltl 6210 mms camera has been off the last couple of weeks with dead batteries. I had been using rechargables but decided to put a dozen alkalines in it this time. Put it back up. It will respond to any message command I send it with a "message format ok" text within just a few seconds, but it will not send a pic at all from command. In looking at the ATT log it is not trying to send the pic. All it's doing is receiving and responding to texts. It is taking pics when walk testing it, but is not attempting to transmit. Signal is good with ATT here. Any ideas?
By RR_Security
"Something with the MMS side" is the best I can come up with. Whether that's AT&T or the cam itself, I dunno, but AT&T would be my prime suspect. If I lived in Houston, I'd probably find a way to blame AT&T for the Astros' recent 11-0 loss to the Red Sox, but... :mrgreen:

Do you have any other MMS cams in your collection, and how are they behaving right now?
By johnnydeerhunter
Memory card full or is it supposed to overwrite?
By LibbyLA
Ross,

This is really off the wall, but check to be sure that the send mode is still set to Instant. I have a vague recollection that the setup on our MMS camera went "south" one time when the batteries died and the send mode was reset to Off.

Double-check every darned one of the menu settings just to be sure that something didn't get reset when the camera died. (This is why I tend to put a fresh profile on each SD card when it goes in the camera and then I check every setting.)
By Roscoe
I've tried the mms status in both VGA and SMS and neither are working as far as sending me a pic or time/date SMS text from a trigger. It responds to all commands pronto, just won't send a pic.
By LibbyLA
Ross,

It's not the SMS setting, that's obviously working. It's the setting where you choose whether photos are sent. On our camera, the choices are instant, daily report, or none. It's on the GSM tab, Send Mode.

It's something you may not think to check because you had it set correctly earlier, but I'm pretty sure ours set itself to Off (so it's working like a regular trail camera).

If it's not that, I don't have any other suggestions. I'm with RR_Security, just blame it on AT&T.
By Roscoe
The SMS I'm talking about is where the camera just sends you a date/time that it has triggered, not a picture. No idea of what good that would be.

If I'm looking at what your talking about, "MMS Status"...choices are off, VGA, SMS. Don't see the options you are talking about, but I think that's the difference in Covert and Ltl Acorn.
By LibbyLA
Ross,

I found the manual online. Should have done that before I tried to "help." Sorry.

No idea what VGA stands for!

On the Coverts, the setting for pictures per day is embedded in the Send Mode menu. If you choose Instant, you can specify 0 or some number.

I'm sure you've confirmed that it's set to 0.

These MMS cameras are wonderful when they work, but they surely are cantankerous things at times. I hope you figure out what the problem is.
By Roscoe
The VGA setting just means it's sending the picture. There is no delay setting as far as it sending pics, it's supposed to be "instant" only with this camera. There is a max number of images per day setting. "0-0" is unlimited per day and that is where it is set.

I appreciate the help!
By LibbyLA
Coverts don't have a delay in sending, but you can choose to send pics, just a daily report, or nothing at all (so you have a very expensive trail camera with a cute antenna poking out the top).

I wonder if it's the same group of Chinese engineers developing all this software, just different ones in different rooms/building sections. Or maybe they run from group to group.
By RR_Security
"Video Graphics Array (VGA) refers specifically to the display hardware first introduced with the IBM PS/2 line of computers in 1987, but through its widespread adoption has also come to mean either an analog computer display standard, the 15-pin D-subminiature VGA connector or the 640x480 resolution itself. While this resolution was superseded in the personal computer market in the 1990s, mobile devices have only caught up in the last few years." So sez Wikipedia; maybe the part I italicized explains how that relates to an MMS cam. The LTL-5210MM also had a "QVGA" or Quarter Video Graphics Array option, which is 320x240.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've found one of my Ltl Acorn cams with dead batteries, but I don't think I've ever had one not send once the batteries were replaced. The only other thing I can suggest to rule out a problem with the cam (vs. an AT&T problem) is to reprogram it with Setup on an SD card. Then if it dumped or changed any of the settings that can't be done from the cam's own Menu, you can restore it. I hope it's right near by, so you don't have to drive a long way to do that.

Hope you get it going again soon. Saturday, I checked three MMS cams that had apparently "gone silent" for varying numbers of days, and got two of them working again. The third one did the "Login fail" thing (again) after I changed the SD card, but a Reconyx cam was also showing "NO SERVICE" in that area. I think the Code Black was showing at least three bars, but I think the signal meters on cams have lyin' eyes.
At least now I know my cams didn't croak since the last time I checked them.
By Roscoe
I got the cam sitting here beside me, but no computer. I'll probably just take it home with me tomorrow. Funny thing about the setup is originally I don't recall anything in the setup using the SD card that I could do by hand with the camera.

Oddly enough, I just got a news letter from Old Boys and in it was a link to a new 6210mms setup tutorial video. It was a pretty nice video, and it appears that I was right in that you can setup anything right on the camera that you can with pc and sd card. Am I missing something in thinking this?
By LibbyLA
Ah! VGA = 640 x 480. That would definitely 'splain what it means in the context of an MMS camera menu.
By Roscoe
Ok, I did the "mms reset" thing in the camera menu and reprogrammed by hand. It's sending pics to phone and email again. :roll:

What I noticed when I did the reset is that there was no email address or phone saved prior to the reset and I could not get it to save either in the programming. Did the reset and everything saved like it should. Crazy stuff.

Boly claims amazing trigger speed....0.1 sec......[…]

Hyperfire 2 need opinions

Can someone please upload some photos here f[…]

With camera sharing the recipient does not need to[…]

Lithium Ion or Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries […]