Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By RR_Security
Oddly enough, I just got a news letter from Old Boys and in it was a link to a new 6210mms setup tutorial video. It was a pretty nice video, and it appears that I was right in that you can setup anything right on the camera that you can with pc and sd card. Am I missing something in thinking this?
If the on-cam Menu lets you set your country and carrier, then you're probably right. I only know the new Setup (ends in .027, I think) that will work with 5210's up to and including the SMS version. The other new thing in later Setup versions is the 0-25 setting for when the cam can receive SMS commands. I think that limits the time the cam is "looking" for two-way traffic, probably a power-saving thing. I don't think other brands have that option in their programming. That's probably available in the on-board Menu, right?

Does a 6210 let you enter recipient phone numbers and email address from the cam? That's something I thought could only be done from a QWERTY device. (I've programmed the "label," as Reconyx calls the naming function on their cams, doing it with up/down buttons and the "Okay," and it's tedious. Scrolling through 26 letters and 0-9 and a few punctuation marks is doable, but it takes awhile. :| )

Glad you got it going again.
Last edited by RR_Security on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Roscoe
If the on-cam Menu lets you set your country and carrier, then you're probably right. I only know the new Setup (ends in .027, I think) that will work with 5210's up to and including the SMS version. The other new thing in later Setup versions is the 0-25 setting for when the cam can receive SMS commands. I think that limits the time the cam is "looking" for two-way traffic, probably a power-saving thing. I don't think other brands have that option in their programming. That's probably available in the on-board Menu, right?

Glad you got it going again.

Yep, all of those things are available on board.

It's working like a charm tonight. I believe when I finally take this thing out to deer camp, I'm going to have to set up an external battery and solar panel...to at least eliminate power as a potential impetus for issues. Not a huge deal with it here at the farm as we are here at least every other weekend, if not more. Unless it's hunting season I don't average going out to deer camp once every 6 weeks. I'd be chapped making 180 mile round trip to baby sit a camera.
By RR_Security
Yep, all of those things are available on board.
Big change from the 5210, then. It just dawned on me that the cam name (I think they called it "Serial Number") could be set on a 5210 by scrolling through all the letters and numbers, but it was only four characters.

I'd be chapped making 180 mile round trip to baby sit a camera.
I hear that.

I just checked email, and found the newsletter. That is pretty good.

I still think the LTL-5310 looks like Bender from Futurama. :lol:
By LibbyLA
Ross,

We make a 250+ mile round trip at least every other weekend <sigh>. It's not always to babysit the camera, but it surely is inconvenient when the camera is misbehaving.
By Roscoe
So, last night I wanted to see if it was actually raining at the farm so I requested a pic. Got the "message format ok" response but never got a pic. Tried several other commands, got the message ok response but could never get a pic. Looked online at my account and could where ATT was saying the pics were being sent. Tried it again early this morning. Outside of the message ok response, nothing. I get to an account this morning and I look at my phone. I have full bars of service showing but there is no "G" or "LTE" out beside it. I think to myself, "That's weird." So I turn my phone off/on. As soon as it turns back on I get all of the backlog of pics from last night's/this morning's efforts. What the heck!!!!! Grrrrrr!
By Roscoe
I've also noticed that the response times are all over the map. I'll go through periods when I get responses within 30 secs. Lately it's been running any where from 4 to very often 10 mins.

I'll really think though most of the problems are related to ATT. I can be at the farm on my iPhone 5 surfing the net. Will consistently have 2 or 3 bars of G service inside or out. Connection rocking along just fine and every 10mins or so I just lose connection. 15-20 secs later the phone searches and it back on again, as good as before. 3 of us with iPhone 5's varying in age from 2 weeks to about a year old have the same issue, usually not at the same time. Like I said, I think ATT is the root of most of the problems.
By bowhtr1
3 of us with iPhone 5's varying in age from 2 weeks to about a year old have the same issue, usually not at the same time. Like I said, I think ATT is the root of most of the problems.

Wow you have some talented babies over there. Must be in the water. :mrgreen:
By Roscoe
3 of us with iPhone 5's varying in age from 2 weeks to about a year old have the same issue, usually not at the same time. Like I said, I think ATT is the root of most of the problems.

Wow you have some talented babies over there. Must be in the water. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:

All my cams are in boxes... and plenty of them hav[…]

That camera seems to get a lot of stuff at distanc[…]

https://youtu.be/OU_zR_T1Afs https://youtu.be/fRp[…]

That’s not a gentle process.