Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By RKEPPLE
At least two of my 6 GoCams have the following problem (I don't want to try it on the others -- they are 300 miles away):

1) On the camera's Setup menu, the photo burst setting is set to "1"
2) On the web portal, the camera's photo burst setting is "1"
3) I do the "Schedule a Settings Update:" command and the settings are downloaded to the camera
4) The camera's photo burst setting is changed to "2" -- as show by the following:
a) the numbers assigned to the uploaded photos begins incrementing by 2 each time.
b) a Setting Retrieval shows the photo burst set to "2"
c) on the camera's "Setup" menu, the photo burst setting is now "2"

In short, doing a Settings Update from the web portal changes the photo burst setting to "2", even though the setting on the web portal is "1".

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks, Bob
By Roscoe
Sounds like a bug possibly. It's working correctly, just not reporting the settings correctly.

But no, I've never noticed because I don't use burst on the cell cams. I've gotten to where I never physically DL pics from our cell cams anymore, so the burst is a waste for me. Also, be aware that in burst mode the GoCam sends the last picture I the burst, not the first.
By RKEPPLE
I don't want to use photo burst either. The problem is that this apparent bug is changing the photo burst setting from 1 to 2 when I do a Settings Update to change some other settings.
I don't think that it's a reporting problem -- the setting on the camera is actually changed to "2" when the Setting Update occurs and the camera begins taking two pictures each time it is triggered.
By Roscoe
I totally missed what you were trying to say was happening!

I had not checked my picture sequencing in a couple of weeks. 2 of our 3 cameras were on 3 shot burst. Now one of them did show 3 shot burst in settings on the portal, but the other showed 1 shot burst setting. I have both on 1 shot burst now and have requested a settings update. I should have enough activity in the morning to see what happens after the command executes.

Like you, I just left the other camera not doing this alone. I'll let you know more in the morning as soon as I'm sure what's happening.
By Roscoe
Confirmed.

I Uploaded 1 burst setting on both cameras that were in 3 burst mode. Both commands executed at some point overnight. I setup a settings retrieval on both this morning and they executed. Both cams show to be in 3 burst mode in their settings. Pictures confirm that on one camera. No picture received on 2nd camera yet, but I bet it will be confirmed when next pic comes in on that camera.

All 3 cameras have same firmware: 2015/08/30

Only difference in the cams is the two with the issue are using the start/stop feature for different delays day/night. The 3rd camera without issue is not.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm notifying the parties that need to know.
By Roscoe
My issues started on 1/3 on both cameras. It appears to have triggered by my changing the send resolution from 1280x960 to 640x480.

I switch one camera while I was filling feeders and walk testing it as I moved it that time out. The other camera I think I changed setting because it's on solar panel, it'd been cloudy and power was low. Both were switched back to 1280x960 shortly thereafter.

When did yours start?
By LibbyLA
I had that problem with on of our cameras but I think I accidentally changed it to 2-shot burst when I was messing with other settings. The app was showing 1 photo but when I retrieved settings with the app, it showed 2. Then I changed to 1 with the app and updated settings and it went back to 1. (I think I used the app to make the change, but it may have been the portal. That was over a week ago.)
By ilovemycam
I had that problem with on of our cameras but I think I accidentally changed it to 2-shot burst when I was messing with other settings. The app was showing 1 photo but when I retrieved settings with the app, it showed 2. Then I changed to 1 with the app and updated settings and it went back to 1. (I think I used the app to make the change, but it may have been the portal. That was over a week ago.)

I remember we talked about this which your camera went to "2" magically.
By RKEPPLE
Roscoe,

This problem started for me about a week ago after I updated the firmware on all cameras to the 11/24/2015 version and then did a settings update on some of the cameras. The photo burst "magically" changing to "2" has happened (so far) on 2 cameras and, as far as I can tell, it cannot be reset to "1" except through the menu on the camera itself. The problem seems to be triggered by the settings update happening, not by the download of the 11/24/2015 firmware.

Of my six cameras, two have this problem so far. One camera (the only Verizon I have) does not have the problem and I cannot cause the problem to happen on it. The other three cameras I am not messing with for now (that is, I will avoid a setting update) because they are 300 miles away.
By LibbyLA
Checked the portal to see whether my change back to 1 photo had "taken" and discovered that it had not. Although the portal shows 1 photo, the camera is definitely taking 2. Fortunately, I am at the camp so I can see what the camera says. Internal batteries could use changing so that's the excuse I need.

All 11 of our cameras are running the latest firmware but only 1 is having this problem. This was the first of these cameras that we bought, back in June, I think.
By Roscoe
Have you done a retrieve settings since you updated settings? If you have not, try it. I suspect when you retrieve settings the portal will show 2 shot burst.

I just spent about 30 mins with both our problem cams in Real Time. Couldn't get either out of 3 shot burst. It will look like it's out when I send the 1 shot burst update, but when I retrieve settings the camera is still in 3 shot burst.

In the second photo, it looks like his rear legs a[…]

Still Chasin, limp and all.

https://youtu.be/IVgE_6HUWNg About the 4 and 6 se[…]

darn coons

Cubby box and bait with a conibear 220. No more c[…]

What do you think spooked them? Chupacabra? LOL