Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By johnnydeerhunter
So something was triggering the camera then, M means a motion triggered picture.
By llbts12
When you request an update to the camera, how long does it take to update? Like a firmware update or to make changes to the camera through the portal?
You asked about the letters, "M" ect. How do I find out what they mean.
This camera seems like it will be a great piece of equipment, but the instruction I have found on there site leaves a lot to be desired for simple minded people :mrgreen: , like me :mrgreen: .

Libby, I couldn't find a spot on the app to update the phone number, so I was going to update it through the web portal and update the camera settings.
By LibbyLA
If the camera is not in real time mode, it will update the next time it "phones home." That will be the next event (like a status report or scheduled picture) or a motion-triggered picture. The reason that there's a mandatory status report once a day is to be sure that the camera contacts the server at least once a day to get updates, etc., even if it hasn't taken any pictures. You've probably read this in other threads, but some of us set our cameras to take two or three pics a day to give additional opportunities for changes and to reassure us that our cameras are still there and working. We tend not to use real-time because we want to save battery life.

M = motion
E = event
S = requested photo (for SMS, maybe?)
T = time-lapse

In the Android app, go to Camera Settings, then scroll down to the Wireless Settings area, and below the Real Time Control check box, there is a place for the phone number. Once you've done that, tap the menu thingie in the upper right corner and choose to update settings. I don't remember the exact wording and I'm using a new, not-yet-released version that is set up a little differently.
By llbts12
Thank you Libby/ That helps. I still don't have something right here. I can't get a pic when I request it. I believe that I have it set correctly in real time, but not getting a picture sent on the Iphone or web portal. :oops:
Back to trial and error.
By ilovemycam
Thank you for all the replies. Last night late, the camera started sending pictures about every 30 seconds to the phone and the computer. I reset to default, and it stopped. I don't know what was happening there. Camera seems to be working fine except now when I run Diagnostics with Premium service, it fails. Yet the camera is set to send in Premium and is sending pictures. I am somewhat confused. It also will not allow me to save a phone number in the web portal for real time communications. I wonder if this has something to do with the premium service. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you, Larry

You must have scheduled setting update or retrieval and it's still pending. Before it's processed, it will not allow you to change the settings again.
By llbts12
Okay, so if I understand correctly, if I trigger the camera to take a picture, at that time it will do updates, changes to camera settings, firmware updates, ect?
By ilovemycam
Yes
By johnnydeerhunter
Okay, so if I understand correctly, if I trigger the camera to take a picture, at that time it will do updates, changes to camera settings, firmware updates, ect?

I think when you trigger the camera it may not do all the tasks that you have requested at once. So if you have asked it to change settings, request a status report and do a firmware upgrade it may take a couple of triggers or events to accomplish all of them. If you go to your camera management page on the portal and scroll down you will see a list of all the commands that you have requested and if and when they were completed.
By LibbyLA
So you were able to get a phone number entered? What was the problem?

As JDH and ILMC have said, setting updates don't happen until an event occurs if real time isn't on. The camera has to have real time on first AND the portal has to have a phone number. Once both of those things have happened, then you should be able to request photos.
By llbts12
I was able to get the phone number on the sim entered and real time working on my phone. Like ya'll have said, I had to trigger the camera to send, and after a few pictures were sent, the "M" pictures, by this morning real time was working fine on my camera using the iphone. Still is. I was expecting more of an immediate action, which was probably unrealistic on my part. Now, if I try to request a photo or status update off my laptop, I get nothing. I'm sure it's some setting on the laptop, but it doesn't make sense to me.
Weekend is here and I can finally play with it a while.
Thank you for your patients with me and willingness to help.
By johnnydeerhunter
I have never tried sending real-time commands from a computer, it might be something you have to do from the app.
By ilovemycam
I was able to get the phone number on the sim entered and real time working on my phone. Like ya'll have said, I had to trigger the camera to send, and after a few pictures were sent, the "M" pictures, by this morning real time was working fine on my camera using the iphone. Still is. I was expecting more of an immediate action, which was probably unrealistic on my part. Now, if I try to request a photo or status update off my laptop, I get nothing. I'm sure it's some setting on the laptop, but it doesn't make sense to me.
Weekend is here and I can finally play with it a while.
Thank you for your patients with me and willingness to help.

Unless on the mobile app, your mobile settings have "Send Direct SMS Commands" on, your mobile app and the web portal should work the same way. Even you give any real time commands from the app, they actually are sent out from the server which is the same as the web portal (your laptop).
Spypoint Link Dark

I purchased this camera a couple months ago and I […]

Night Bats

Good stuff, not often do we see bat photos or vide[…]

Mr. and Mrs. Fox (the Foxes)

https://vimeo.com/367997085

ok, then its aim and distance.