Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By 27jr
'm running into a problem my camera was working pretty good. I had it off line for sometime and now trying to test with it again and it will not log on the sever. I am receiving pretty decent signal but keep getting a server login failure. This is a 2015 turned into 2016. I don't know if it's because I'm only getting AT&T G or W in my frequency window but the camera logs in and pulls a number just not getting server connection. it won't even connect at real time. Any can help thanks.
BTW I do like the app upgrade for zooming.
johnnydeerhunter,

Found out some how my SIM number the first two digits were swapped and the camera quit working. The great people at Covert verified my number and were working with billing to get the two digits swapped back so the camera could log in. Funny how the camera worked great for the first month and then after the auto renewal it stopped. Hope to be operation within 24hrs and stated they would call back.
Good customer service is what I like to see to keep me coming back.
Their 3rd party billing system has had a few hiccups like this so far. They should've just used the ATT data plans. For as much as using gophone plans with ATT sucked, and it sucked mightedly, using their data plans is a breeze. I've had 3 cams on ATT data plans for well over a year w/o issue. It pains me to praise ATT, but they really have been that good. :lol:
Roscoe,

You got that right! The GoPhone plans were a nightmare almost from day 1 and things only got worse. The DataConnect plans are great. I just wish we had autorenew and/or bucket o' data plans. I have a spreadsheet to keep track of what month to renew which set of cameras. At least you can renew even several weeks in advance and the new plan kicks in seamlessly when the old plan expires, no need to time everything to the last minute.
Nothing better than the Verizon 5.00 a month plan! Hopefully Covert will make that option available on their Blackhawk Verizon camera someday. I finally got my first monthly Verizon bill since I added my Spartan camera to my existing Verizon wireless account. My total for the month including taxes and fees is $5.50. You just can't beat that!
Their 3rd party billing system has had a few hiccups like this so far. They should've just used the ATT data plans. For as much as using gophone plans with ATT sucked, and it sucked mightedly, using their data plans is a breeze. I've had 3 cams on ATT data plans for well over a year w/o issue. It pains me to praise ATT, but they really have been that good. :lol:
I am still using the GoPhone plan and it still sucks big time, I have 2014 models and I don't think I have a choice.
I am still using the GoPhone plan and it still sucks big time, I have 2014 models and I don't think I have a choice.

I don't think so either. I hope at some point you can get your hands on the newer models and get away from the gophone nonsense. Problem is cell cams are so darn expensive compared to "regular" cams, I feel like if you can't get decent money for selling a used one you have to run it until it dies to get your money's worth.

You might be able to upgrade your 2014 models for a 2016 model. That's what Covert did for me.
BTC-4P review

Year 2 of using this camera I learned that it is b[…]

NICE bucks, the top one looks like a army tank com[…]

Boly MG984G-36M Trail Camera

Finally, Boly is releasing the following two true […]

You cant hide

IMG_0104 (1024x569).jpg