Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By rebbie
It looks like tomorrow Friday, August 12 the new firmware will be available for the Code Black. I am hoping it fixes a lot of issues. I am trying to understand the new billing charge? The way I understand it if we send requests to the camera they're going to start charging us in blocks 10 requests? Maybe someone can explain to me how this will work?

FIRMWARE UPDATE!!
Released Friday, August 12, 2016

For 2015 & 2016 AT&T Code Blacks and Verizon Blackhawks

This firmware will be automatically pushed to your camera. If you choose to opt-in to the new improvements, please follow the steps listed at the bottom of this email.

Improvements Include:

-significant battery life improvement
-reliability of the real-time commands
-reliability of network communications
-overall improved functions

Scroll to the NET Tab
Scroll down to Download FW and Press OK.
Once your firmware is fully downloaded (there are 9 steps), turn off the camera and take out the SD card.
Lock the SD Card. (Push the button on the side of the SD card down.)
Put the SD Card Back in the camera and turn the camera on.
Let the camera find a signal. You will see a message that says “synchronization successful.”
Take out the SD card. (You don’t have to turn the camera off!)
Unlock the SD card.
Put the SD card back in the camera and you are good to go!

However, there will be slight billing changes once this firmware is installed if you want real-time control of the cameras. They cost is the same price that is extended to us by the carriers. Should you choose to not have real-time control of your camera (settings changes and real-time, on-demand pictures) then turn the real-time control off. You will not be charged anything extra. You will continue to receive pictures when the camera is triggered by heat or motion.

From

To

Cost

$ 0.00

$ 0.15 per block of 10

$ 1.50 per block of 100

$ 2.00 per block of 200

$ 3.00 per block of 300

$ 5.00 per block of 500

$10.00 per block of 1000

$ 0.01 per individual SMS
By rebbie
Does this mean with the new firmware update we can no longer set real time on a delay? Another words either you have your real time on or real time off?
By rebbie
Those real time charges are not significant, but why in the world would they do it that way? Just raise the cost of plans across the board by say .50 or $1 a month and be done with it. Why complicate things? :roll:

Yes true. Don't understand it either?
By 27jr
Those real time charges are not significant, but why in the world would they do it that way? Just raise the cost of plans across the board by say .50 or $1 a month and be done with it. Why complicate things? :roll:

Yes true. Don't understand it either?

Rebbie - are you going to perform the upgrade and give us some updated info?
I agree with what Roscoe and you are stating about the charges, i don"t if there finance people or management get it.
By 27jr
Does this mean with the new firmware update we can no longer set real time on a delay? Another words either you have your real time on or real time off?

Covert didn't do a thing of explaining this upgrade. I would thought you an have real time on but every time you make a request for photo's or changes to camera settings your charged charged. So the current price of 9.99 for 1000 photo's stay, correct?
By 27jr

Roscoe - How do they compare to Spartan? From my understanding you pay the carrier fee and 4 dollars extra month for premium service and I assume that includes unlimited numbers of request to the camera correct?
By 27jr
Looks to me like 1000 photos for Verizon is now $14.99

Hows that compare to Spartan? I think it always was 14.99 for Verizon, just like AT&T is 9.99 month.How did you come up with that figure? Not everyone has Verizon phone plans.
By 27jr
I thought the Verizon was 9.99 before for the covert but I could be wrong.

https://www.covertscoutingcameras.com/covert-wireless/" target="_blank" target="_blank

No it always that price 14.99 and the AT&T was 9.99. I asked that before and people were saying Verizon always charged more for their data you'd think it was gold. That's just like the difference between purchasing a Verizon or AT&T camera from Covert or Spartan the cost is around 100 dollars difference.
By rebbie

Rebbie - are you going to perform the upgrade and give us some updated info?
I agree with what Roscoe and you are stating about the charges, i don"t if there finance people or management get it.

Yes I will later this morning. I have nothing to lose by upgrading. My camera does not work right now so what can it hurt. Lol.
By rebbie
I assume you can leave real time on and not send any request for photo or camera changes and then not be charge anything extra, correct?

if I understand it right then yes that is correct.
Spypoint LINK-micro

Yes inam wery disapointed. In log data say error […]

https://vimeo.com/374708646

they have completed a prelim review but a full rev[…]

I've been running my cameras on medium or low, whe[…]