Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
I run several ATT Gocams and have the app on my iphone SE. I also have the ipad mini with the app. For the past two weeks the ipad isn't showing pics that come in while it is off - after I turn it on it'll show the arrow updating but no pics or only a small % of pics of what actually was taken while it was off. It'll be off for a day or two each time. When I turn it on, the app consistently loads pics that are taken during that time. This never happened before as it would load the images after it updates.

Worse yet, the other day, I am sitting on the couch and a pic comes in from one cam while I am on the ipad. I look at it, just a doe. Odd thing - the pic hasn't shown up on my iphone SE app to this day. It's on the portal and the ipad app but not the iphone's app.

I've reloaded the app on my ipad mini once already and no fix. Don't want to get into a habit of doing that since I have eight cams to enter each time.

It's rather annoying as the ipad is my preffered way to look at pics since my iphone model is the smaller screen version. That and the fact that one app gets pics and the other never gets it...concerns me from a security and a hunting perspective.
I would check with HCO support on this one. I don't have an iPhone, just an iPad. My Android phone is much more consistent about marking new photos and downloading them than my iPad is. That is, my iPad downloads them but it doesn't mark them as new. I do know that the iOS stuff is flaky and doesn't act the same way on every device, but that's an Apple "thing", not an GoWireless app "thing".

This is probably a stupid question, but why do you have to load eight cameras? We run 12 but I only have to put in one account and one admin code to get to all 12 because they all have the same admin code. I have three different guest codes, though, for different groups of cameras. One group, no one would be interested in, one group was set up for a forest ranger to monitor traffic on our south property line, which is near an Indian mound that some locals like to molest, and one group is more critter cams than security cams.
If your mobile device is constantly running more or less then it will continue to sync every photo. But if your device is off for an extended period, when it syncs, there is a maximum number of photos it will go back in time to sync. This is by design.

Suppose the server has 20,000 photos then you get your new phone and install the app. Would you want all 20K photos to download ?
I have different cameras on different properties with different people I hunt. I also have guest access to a few cams.

As far as the updating, the pics that don't load are from, (say example today)...pics yesterday. You'd think the app would show that. One cam shows two pics on my phone that don't show on the ipad app. Another cam shows one.

I have removed and reinstalled both now this evening and both seem to match up. We'll see if it continues I guess.
On your iPhone if you run the app and you don't see a photo you are expecting can you make sure your phone is plugged into a charger and then try clicking the (three dots) button for that camera and select "Download Photos".

This would be a very important test because it should by-pass many of the road blocks that Apple creates for it's users. So for one, many of the newer iPhones seem to not be accepting the push notification that there is content available on the server when a photo is uploaded. Also Apple decided for you that if your battery level is below around 60% that you should no longer be downloading data in the background because by saving your battery will give you a better user experience. (This is their words not mine.) Never mind the fact they are preventing you from "using" your device. They think it is better for your device to stay charged for longer even though it becomes a less useful device. Secondly if you by chance turned on the setting to only download on WiFi and maybe your WiFi is turned off or signal is low then it also would not download them. So again manually requesting app to download would by-pass this option.

Another real important factor to help understand what is going on would be to know if a newer photo has been downloaded since the one you are missing. Lets say your camera took 3 photos... photo 1 at 10:00am, photo 2 at 10:30am and photo 3 at 11:00am. If your app downloads photo 1, then lets pretend there was some unpredictable problem and somehow it failed to download photo 2 and then yet even stranger it skipped 2 due to too many retries and downloaded photo 3.... Once the app has downloaded photo 3 it will never go back and retry downloading 2, it only will look to download photos newer than 3. I don't know if this is what happened in your case or not but keeping that in mind would be really important for support to know.
I have a I PHONE 6 that does not get audio and visual when not on WIFI :shocked: HCO has no idea whats wrong i get the feeling apple thinks its there problem [hco] not apples im told they are working on it my son has a new droid it was just recalled battery's blowing up ?
My iPad Pro 9.7" (wifi only) gives me audible notification that a new photo has been downloaded and the counter is correct, but I never see the green "NEW" banner on any new photo. The Android app works like a champ.
So Chasinbucks, what you're saying is get a droid. :mrgreen: :lol:

This is what I tell everyone. same goes for windows pc vs mac pc. windows and droid are more "open" technologies whereas apple tends to be more restrictive and more expensive.
On your iPhone if you run the app and you don't see a photo you are expecting can you make sure your phone is plugged into a charger and then try clicking the (three dots) button for that camera and select "Download Photos".

This would be a very important test because it should by-pass many of the road blocks that Apple creates for it's users. So for one, many of the newer iPhones seem to not be accepting the push notification that there is content available on the server when a photo is uploaded. Also Apple decided for you that if your battery level is below around 60% that you should no longer be downloading data in the background because by saving your battery will give you a better user experience. (This is their words not mine.) Never mind the fact they are preventing you from "using" your device. They think it is better for your device to stay charged for longer even though it becomes a less useful device. Secondly if you by chance turned on the setting to only download on WiFi and maybe your WiFi is turned off or signal is low then it also would not download them. So again manually requesting app to download would by-pass this option.

Another real important factor to help understand what is going on would be to know if a newer photo has been downloaded since the one you are missing. Lets say your camera took 3 photos... photo 1 at 10:00am, photo 2 at 10:30am and photo 3 at 11:00am. If your app downloads photo 1, then lets pretend there was some unpredictable problem and somehow it failed to download photo 2 and then yet even stranger it skipped 2 due to too many retries and downloaded photo 3.... Once the app has downloaded photo 3 it will never go back and retry downloading 2, it only will look to download photos newer than 3. I don't know if this is what happened in your case or not but keeping that in mind would be really important for support to know.

I am having issues with the phone downloading pics after I manually request it - pics I know are on the portal and the request just doesn't "grab" or download those photos at all. I make sure I close out the app and restart it, sometimes that works, but sometimes it doesn't. This happens on wifi or on data from the phone. I'm on wifi at my office and its GOOD wifi lol - I can run databases off my computer that eat bandwidth. I move millions of dollars in financial transactions a month on it with massive loads. Today, my phone is sitting on my desk saying "pic available, waiting for wifi." And it's at 90% battery with wifi option selected and a strong connection. I don't get the "new" ribbon on pics downloaded on either Apple product but do on my Samsung tablet.

And yes, that is exactly what happened in the first occurrence. Pic #2 did not download and still has not. Pics 1 and 3 cam through. Subsequent photos have come through just fine the past day or two.
More PA bucks and a coyote

Me to Reaperman, our season starts in October. Bes[…]

PA Bear and a buck

Boly new 4G Cellular Camera

Could you send me a PM with one of this batteries?[…]

All my cams are in boxes... and plenty of them hav[…]