Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
I deployed my Verizon Spartan Go Cam (Black Flash Model) about 4 hours from my house last week. I set it up over a scrape with real time on and set to send the low Res thumbnail photos at 640x480. I have the delay set at 0. I have been more than happy so far with the speed between photos. After the deer comes in for the first photo I am receiving the 2nd photo in as little as 33 to 34 seconds later. With the camera recovering that fast I am able to receive more photos of the buck as it works the scrape. My question is how long do you think my camera will run for with the Energizer Ultimate Lithium Batteries I am using? If I ran the camera with real time off the photos wouldn't come in as fast in between photos meaning less photos captured. I only need the camera to last 6 weeks and 5 days until I return to hunt the spot. Just curious if anyone ever ran their camera with Enegizer Ultimate Lithium Batteries and real time on with the low Res thumbnail photos, and if so how long did it run for? Thanks for any info.
Here are examples of some of the photos at the scrape.

I'm really anxious to see how long they last for you. With this type of set it will for sure be the real time that kills the batteries and not the number of pictures. I have one GoCam running on lithiums right now, but not real time. I too have it sending the small thumbnails with no delay to get more triggers on the same subjects each time. I request HD pics on the ones I like. I'll be surprised if the camera makes it 30 days with real time on, but I hope I'm wrong!!! :mrgreen:
I'm really anxious to see how long they last for you. With this type of set it will for sure be the real time that kills the batteries and not the number of pictures. I have one GoCam running on lithiums right now, but not real time. I too have it sending the small thumbnails with no delay to get more triggers on the same subjects each time. I request HD pics on the ones I like. I'll be surprised if the camera makes it 30 days with real time on, but I hope I'm wrong!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the reply Roscoe. Yea I think I might be making an 8 hour round trip drive to change batteries in October! :( At least I can freshen up the scrape while I'm there! :D
And when you say "freshen up"... you mean pee in it, right? :lol: :lol:

Yes but more importantly to rub some doe estrous on the licking branches.
Depending on how long yours last, it might change my way of thinking for hunting season. I'll be moving a GoCam to my fence crossing location in October. It's a great gauge of activity in general and really good indicator of rut activity. A camera on real time there would be nice.

I'll let you know how it goes. Tomorrow makes one week for the camera on real time and it's still going strong.
2 weeks and counting with the camera running with real time on. I set my 2016 Covert code Black up on the same day with real time on so it should be interesting to see which camera last longer.
Camera still going strong. There were a lot of photos today at the scrape. I requested 2 more HD photos today of bucks that passed by during the daytime hours. The low res photos look much better at night. The daytime low res photos are very grainy and hard to see well, when it comes to seeing the buck's antlers. If I had to do it all over again I think I will just leave real time off and the thumbnail set to the Higher Res photo. Hate to admit it but LibbyLA was right just to run realtime off with high res thumbnail photos. I am curious to see how long it last now with real time on so I am just going to let it be for now. Will keep everyone updated.
Photos today that I requested in HD. So excited with this camera!!!

Well today made 3 weeks with camera running on real time. 165 photos so far and 4 High Res Image photo requests. Battery still shows 5, but I understand with the lithium batteries the level will show full right until the batteries die. The last time my lithium batteries went dead you could see the battery level go down after each picture and it went fast, so as soon as I see a photo and the battery level is less than five I know the batteries are done for.
Yep, it's like driving off a cliff with lithiums power wise. Even with a low picture volume, I'll be impressed if that thing makes it a month on a set of batteries. I thought they were harder on batteries than that in real time. I mean I'm still to much of a cheapscape to spend $20 to power a camera for a month. :lol:
Well I guess I am not going to find out how long batteries last with real time on. I decided to turn real time off and go back to the higher res thumbnail photos. I was pretty much only getting one photo of the buck when he came into the scrape. Lesson learned. LibbyLA was right but I did not listen to her! :cry:
Fox vs deer

Neat photos, that's not something a camera catches[…]

The Wind!!!

Do you use a tripod on most of your cameras?

Spartan 3G finally quit

Also don't think you'll notice a difference betwee[…]

This buck looks serious

It appears this guy made it thru the first weekend[…]