Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By JJR
Spartan GoCam is the best cellular camera on the market today. Rather than adding it as an extra line, use the ATT buyasession data plan. $25 and change covers you for 3 months, so less than $8.50/month. Spartans premium app and web portal is $3/month. So, less than $12/month gets you pics to GoApp on your iPhone. I don't think you can add a line on your phone plan for less $12/month with the taxes. You will love the goapp.

The ATT Data Connect plan is definitely the best. We use the $25/3 months/1 gig plan
. Even on our most active cases, we never get anywhere near the 1 gig cap. We can also let a plan expire when we don't need the camera, then easily restart it online at no extra charge. This has saved us a lot compared to keeping the plans active when cameras are not in use.

Devon, is this thru Covert or AT&T? I'd prefer to do that too
By GTOHunter
I've been reading up on the Spartan Trail Cameras and checking prices....I'm kinda confused on the terms of buying one?

I have the extra phone line availability thru AT&T and see where they already come with a SIM Card that just needs to be activated thru my AT&T Provider....my next question is Do I have to pay a monthly fee to use the Spartan Camera & APP or can I just simply have the pics sent to my phone from the trail camera and not pay any more fee's?
By johnnydeerhunter
While you can add the camera to your existing ATT plan it's cheaper to go through the Buy a session that's set up for the camera. If it were Verizon then it's generally cheaper to add to your cell plan as long as you don't have one of the older unlimited plans. Either way you will need to pay a fee for the camera service. To use the premium advantages including the app it's $3-$4 a month depending on how many credits you buy at a time. The app itself is free and you can have as many people as you want with the app viewing your pictures. One other thing to remember is even though your cell phone is ATT the camera does not have to be an ATT camera.
By GTOHunter
Thanks Johnny....that eases my mind so much more and $3.00-$4.00 is a very good price for what it gives back in return.I have Un-limited Data on My AT&T Plan now so that's covered on that end.

Thanks a Bunch to all here answering my Questions....I'm planning on getting a Camera this week. :D
By Roscoe
Even with unlimited data, I think you'll still spend more to add a line to your ATT plan for your camera. You've got to take a bunch of pics to exceed the 1gb/90days/$25 buyassesion plan. Tax and all it's under $8.50/month.
By GTOHunter
I already have an extra line/phone added to my AT&T Plan and my Nephew works for them and He had it reduced to a limited line for a Trail Camera that would send pic's...I just have to find the right Trail Camera and He said He could activate it....how ever that works?
By LibbyLA
As long as you have an activated SIM card, you should be good. You'll need to connect the camera's IMEI with the SIM card.

Not sure what a line for a trail cam runs, but make sure to include taxes and fees. Our VZW $5/month phone is about $8.50 with extra fees, which makes it slightly more expensive per month than the AT&T DataConnect plan.
Hyperfire 2 pics

Up Up and away!!!!!!

Boly claims amazing trigger speed....0.1 sec....[…]

Hyperfire 2 need opinions

Can someone please upload some photos here f[…]

With camera sharing the recipient does not need to[…]