Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By ymurf
I have been to two AT&T stores trying to get a go phone sim card for my 2014 Covert 3G. They no longer offer the 10 cents per minute plan. They said best they can do is 50 texts for $20.00. Thats crazy. Its 25 cents per minute now she said. Guess I am done with Covert.
By ymurf
That's crazy! Hope someone has a suggestion. Have you talked to anyone at Covert to see what they suggest?

Not yet,Just found this out after work when I went to get a new sim card.
By Gforce
From what I am seeing is the 10 cent per minute plan is now a 25 cent per minute plan but you can still buy the messaging pack for the same price as the old plan. My suggestion is to fund the account with only the money that it takes to buy the messaging pack with a few cents extra so no charges will be added for some bogus calls "AT&T WILL CLAIM WAS MADE" eats up any money you may have in the account. If you don't have 25 cents or more in the account then no phone call will come through and you can't be charged, messaging should work like it always has.!
By ymurf
From what I am seeing is the 10 cent per minute plan is now a 25 cent per minute plan but you can still buy the messaging pack for the same price as the old plan. My suggestion is to fund the account with only the money that it takes to buy the messaging pack with a few cents extra so no charges will be added for some bogus calls "AT&T WILL CLAIM WAS MADE" eats up any money you may have in the account. If you don't have 25 cents or more in the account then no phone call will come through and you can't be charged, messaging should work like it always has.!

Where are you seeing this? The lady at the store says they dont do a texting package anymore..PLUS I was so mad,If you dont have a working gophone sim card with a phone number you cant in any form talk to a real person on the phone at gophone. Recording just says go to ATT store.
By ymurf
Dis find out they have a think called BYOD which stands for bring your own device. I can add it to my ATT phone account for about $18 a month with no contract and it uses my data on out account.
By Gforce
Where are you seeing this? The lady at the store says they dont do a texting package anymore..PLUS I was so mad,If you dont have a working gophone sim card with a phone number you cant in any form talk to a real person on the phone at gophone. Recording just says go to ATT store.

It's on the AT&T website and you can add messaging packs to the 25 cent plan. I tried going through the activation possess with a sim I already had and it didn't give me the option for the 25 cent plan. I also tried going through the website for a new plan and it would allow me to select the 25 cent plan but they wanted me to get a new sim card and didn't give me the option of activating my sim card I already have.

I haven't given up yet just got to figure out the hoops to jump through.

Here is the website that shows their new plans 25 cent plan is at the bottom.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/gophone-plans.html
By ymurf
Ok guys I am getting somewhere now. I called my AT&T customer support for my cell phones so I could actually talk to a person. She was nice enough to connect me to a GoPhone rep on the phone cause unless you have an active GoPhone sim card you cant talk to a person. Anyway the lady said it doesn't matter if its 10 cents a minute which they done offer anymore or the new 25 cent a minute I just have to add the 1000 text package for $9.99 a month and since its only texting it wont use any of the 25 cents per minute so my bill will be just like it always has been at $9.99 a month. People at the AT&T store couldnt answer that question. Now I have to go back there and get a sim.
By rebbie
Ok guys I am getting somewhere now. I called my AT&T customer support for my cell phones so I could actually talk to a person. She was nice enough to connect me to a GoPhone rep on the phone cause unless you have an active GoPhone sim card you cant talk to a person. Anyway the lady said it doesn't matter if its 10 cents a minute which they done offer anymore or the new 25 cent a minute I just have to add the 1000 text package for $9.99 a month and since its only texting it wont use any of the 25 cents per minute so my bill will be just like it always has been at $9.99 a month. People at the AT&T store couldnt answer that question. Now I have to go back there and get a sim.

Renewing the $9.99 a month text package plan is a nightmare! I had to go through it every month with my 2014 Covert Code Black. I traded my 2014 model in for a 2016 model back in April of this year. So much easier now with the plan directly through Covert. Only thing I can say is the 2014 Camera has a much better flash. The 2016 Flash Range is so poor. Unless deer are very close you can hardly tell if it's a buck or a doe.
Fox vs deer

I like the taste of whitetail over mulies, have to[…]

The Wind!!!

Do you use a tripod on most of your cameras?

Spartan 3G finally quit

Also don't think you'll notice a difference betwee[…]

This buck looks serious

It appears this guy made it thru the first weekend[…]