Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By hogdeer79
Its been awhile since I have posted. Needing to replace my old Covert 2G mms cam that was still working until att dropped 2G. It was still working great in fact :oops: . Anyway been out of the trail cam market for a few years and was hoping for some suggestions or experiences on a reliable mms cam. Att coverage is ok whereIi need the cam, had a covert extension antenna on the 2012 code black and I got 3-4 bars.
By hogdeer79
I believe 2 bars. Seems it bounced around from 1-2 bars sometimes. Pic transmission was very hit or miss. It's been a long time lol
By johnnydeerhunter
I may be a little biased but I suggest the Spartan GoCam. I've played with a few different brands of cell cams and in my opinion they are the best.
By hogdeer79
The Spartan Gocam is definitely one I am interested in. Does anyone know if the covert extension antenna will work on it. I am guessing it would.
By johnnydeerhunter
I'm pretty sure it will Cody. I know Mike Kirkpatrick from herd 360 is running some good deals on the cams. There's probably a few other dealers as well.
By LibbyLA
Yes, the Covert antenna will work. The different brands use the same cell signal frequencies. You may not need it, though. The newer cell cams, especially the Spartans, seem to be better about getting signal than older cameras were.
By 27jr
Hogdeer79 - I cannot speak for Spartan even though I did receive one for Xmas I haven't used it since deer season was coming to an end in P.A. I also received the Bushnell Aggressor no glow. I did put in the field during weekend hunt and left it for the one month taking advantage of the one month free unlimited photos. The camera operated flawlessly with beautiful sharp photos. No SIM required which is nice and I guess arguments can be made either way. The flaws I see is the built-in stubby antenna and 2 pin external power supply. The power supply cable can be purchased just go to the Bushnell Aggressor page or Google it. I have both Covert black OPS years 2015 software upgrade to use the portal and 2016 and their o.k.. Covert has been making strides with both the portal and block ops even following others with guess logon and HD photos but charge by photos. Go to the new 2017 covert black ops and read Rebbie entries who has performed a lot of testing and keeps on top of covert and btw their data plans as low as 3.99 for 100 photos a month which works for my trail set ups. You need to look pass biases and take look at the pro's and con's and reading the reviews. There's a lot of information out there on all along with photos and videos. Enjoy whatever your decision.
By johnnydeerhunter
Cody, are you looking for another ATT cam or do you have Verizon signal?
By hogdeer79
27jr thanks for weighing in on your thoughts about the Bushnell. I looked at it as well. I used to use the old BTC cams in the day with good success. My coverts have all worked well too. 6 of my 7 coverts are still working and they are all at least 4-6years old. Used HCO cams with good success as well. The bushnell price is sure nice just worried about the signal with no option for a booster antenna kind of scares me a bit.

Johnny, I will have to check the version signal for my area. Seems it was good out where I am wanting the cam. Att works ok and what I have used for the past years with my mms cams.
By johnnydeerhunter
When you're checking your signal remember that your cell phone is looking for a 4g signal and the cell cams are currently looking for 3g and it's not always the same strength or a direct relation. Spartan is coming out with a 4g Verizon around fall time FYI.
By 27jr
Hogxeeri79 - thanks just trying to be none bias. Johnnydeerhunter - great info and it would be nice if cameras were made with the ability to automatically sensing 3g and 4g instead of only 2g or now 3g. People just cannot afford to keep buying camera when a vendor decides to advance to the next protocol.
More PA bucks and a coyote

Me to Reaperman, our season starts in October. Bes[…]

PA Bear and a buck

Boly new 4G Cellular Camera

Could you send me a PM with one of this batteries?[…]

All my cams are in boxes... and plenty of them hav[…]