Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By 27jr
When you're checking your signal remember that your cell phone is looking for a 4g signal and the cell cams are currently looking for 3g and it's not always the same strength or a direct relation. Spartan is coming out with a 4g Verizon around fall time FYI.

Jonny - why Verizon? Why not both AT&T and Verizon with both 3g and 4g? Before you know it it will be LTE.
Last edited by 27jr on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By johnnydeerhunter

Jonny - why Verizon? Why not both AT&T and Verizon with both 3g and 4g? Before you know it it will be LTE.

27jr, I'm sure there will be a 4g ATT version coming I just haven't heard about it. The 4g Verizon isn't just locked to 4g, it should work with 3g as well. The 4g Verizon will also be LTE. Spartan has had one model since it came out almost three years ago and is getting ready to come out with a new version that should be good for many years again and the older models will still continue to work.

https://n2a.goexposoftware.com/events/s ... ?__id=1115" target="_blank" target="_blank
By hogdeer79
Does the Spartan Go cam have open delays like 1-59 sec and 1-59 minutes or are they preset? If the are preset what are the delay options? Not a fan of preset delay cams. That's one reason I always liked Coverts.
By 27jr
I have a brand new AT&T cammo no glow and may look for help when getting it ready. Truly at the end of the day as I've stated earlier there are pro's and con's to the cell cams.

Hogdeer - do your research and and keep coming back and looking at issues people are having with either cellular game camera. We are lucky that Libby who is or seems to be with Spartan can get us all the facts right away and and likewise others who have been using the different cellular game cmeras and different technology to support the cameras.
By hogdeer79
Definitely going to continue to research all my options. May be a month or more u till I buy one after I find my best fit. If the Spartan has preset delays I probably won't buy it. I'd buy the bushnell if I knew it would work in my area but with no option to add a booster that's probably to big of a gamble for me.
By T-post
Here's my 2 cents :D ....I'm running two Spartan GoCams that are going on 3 years old and they still work perfectly. Out of all of my trail cameras of all types, there's very few that still work after a couple of years...and I've been running the Spartans non-stop, year round. In addition to the longevity, I haven't seen any other brand of cell cam that comes close to the affordability and functionality of the Spartan when you add the Premium service for $3.00 a month. Spartan pretty much has been the industry leader in how modern cell cams should operate...one year later, Covert and others tried to come out with their own versions of phone apps, web portals etc., but it's been difficult for them to catch up with the head start that Spartan has.

My cell cams are all AT&T, so my above statements only relate to AT&T cameras....I can't make any intelligent comments about other providers, as I have no experience with them. :shock:
By T-post
Cody,

If you mean "trigger intervals", it starts at 0 seconds, increases by one second at a time until you reach 60 seconds, then it increases one minute at a time. All settings can be changed at the camera, or over the Internet via the HCO website (your personal web portal), or via the camera app on your phone.
By hogdeer79
Yes trigger intervals, I have always used the term delays. That's awesome and exactly what I like. Presets just aren't my thing. Spartan seems to be the best choice I can see so far from what I see.
By LibbyLA
27jr,

The better camera manufacturers will usually use the best, most recent technology that is available and reliable (and reasonably priced) when designing their new cameras. They don't have the financial resources of Apple, Samsung, LG, etc., nor are people willing to pay smart phone prices for cellular trail cameras so the technology in trail cameras won't be as far along as that in the latest fancy cell phones.

JDH, Roscoe, and I all test for Spartan. There are good reviews of various brands available on TrailCamPro. There are groups on Facebook where people share information, as well.
By 27jr
Libby

Thank you and I did go back and edit even though it's too late. When I hit that I thought it was reporting my bust for not paying attention.

Actually companies like Bushnell are huge and have the financial/people resources even Browning if they move into cellular game cameras. As for Spartan I don't know how big their company is and Covert is a small company.

The cellular game cameras actually cost as much as smartphones e.g. $399.00 Samsung Note 3, BlackBerry Passport, Unlocked Motorola Moto Z Play, Verizon cellular game cameras $449.00 e.g Apple iPhone SE and others.

Thank you for the info on who's testing and that you all can contact the company if there's an issue neither can address. I'm sure when I start operating mine I'll ask for help and you all will help.

Hogdeer - enjoy whatever you choose and good luck this up coming deer season. Take a look at the forum for trail camera pictures and movies.
By johnnydeerhunter
I went back through the posts and think I've edited out all the unfriendlyness :D

27jr, I think loyal to a manufacturer is better than the term biased. I know it's semantics but to me it just sounds better.lol

Cody, if you want to download the app I'd be more than happy to give you guest access to a few of my cams so you can see how the whole thing works.
By johnnydeerhunter
Once you get it downloaded shoot me a PM and I'll send you the info. It's the Gowireless app by frontier pursuits. It's free also for everyone.

ok, then its aim and distance.

was that a grunt? or a bullfrog ? how far is tha[…]

cel phone game cameras

For wireless cameras, the majority chunk of the ex[…]

Doe grunting

Is she calling to this years fawns or saying "[…]