Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Roscoe
My buddy Anthony sent me this killer 42ah external battery for my GoCam. I got an MTM Ammo box for it:

Outfitted it with cables, conduit, solar panel and routered out a batter "holder" for the bottom of the box:

Used flat L-Brackets as hangers for the box and got it deployed today:

By LibbyLA
Solar panel probably needs to be at a 45 angle (assuming it's facing south). You're going to like having that. You should be able to go months without a battery change. I don't remember the last time we changed one of those on the two cams that are running them, although our cams don't take nearly as many pics as yours do.
By bobcat
You got much fancier with your box than I did! I just drilled a hole in mine and stuck the wire through. .... :)
Is that a Power Sonic battery?
Great looking set up Roscoe. I agree with Libby, if you can get the panel on a 45 degree angle facing south it would be much more efficient. I would also consider putting a female to two male adaptor on the battery and removing the alligator clips and replacing them female end like the ones going on the battery now. I know with my luck, while closing the case, one of the clips would fall off putting the panel out of commission.
By Roscoe
Picture was taken before any panel adjustment was made. :wink:

45* is too steep for this time of year. Subtract a couple degrees from latitude for spring time angle. We're at 31* here. In June the optiumum angle for here will be less than 10*.

Unfortunately by the angle of the battery hanging on the fence, the panel faces more ESE than S. Regardless, I expect to get 6 months out of this big honking battery. :lol:
By LibbyLA
You might get that out of it without the solar :mrgreen:. Of course, you do get the high-res thumbnails that uses a little more power. You'll enjoy not having to worry about the battery life and not having to mess with the camera.

I'm going to be running cameras by myself next weekend. Knowing I don't have to mess with the cell cameras is great, although we are using 7 or 12 Ah batteries on most of those.
By Anthony
I have one like it. with remote control on and upload res on high, my camera lasts about 9 months! :mrgreen:

Ross,

Did you go to art school? That tennis shoe in the one photo is really a nice touch... It brings out the existential elements.
By Roscoe
thats a nice setup. How long did the battery hold up

I put it in the feed pen in March. On October 1st, I turned Real Time on for hunting season. Some time in December when I was out there hunting I pulled it to give it a charge. I never saw a dip in the battery level, I just figured after 10 months a little charge wouldn't hurt it. I'd like to put a bigger panel on it as that one is pretty dinky, but it lasts so long as it is I'll probably leave it alone.

This feature is now LIVE. Please reply if you hav[…]

BTC-4P review

Yes, still set for 1 min videos. I've started usin[…]

NICE bucks, the top one looks like a army tank com[…]

Boly MG984G-36M Trail Camera

Finally, Boly is releasing the following two true […]