Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By KYHeadHunter02
Is there a reliable cell cam on the market under $500? I've simply lost confidence in my Spartan, although it is a couple years old. I have a stealth cam mounted close to the Spartan to see how much I'm missing and it seems to be quite a bit. Today I noticed I hadn't received any pics all day. The last photo had a lot of corn left, the next was taken right before dark and it is all gone. I have 4 bars of signal and power shows 5 as I just swapped my 6 volt a couple days ago. Has anyone else noticed anything similar?
By johnnydeerhunter
If you think you're having an issue then contact tech support. They have a 2 year warranty.
By LibbyLA
What carrier is your camera? Does it have the latest firmware?

How high off the ground is it mounted?

On the portal, are the picture numbers sequential on the one you got with all the corn and the one you got with no corn?

I started having problems with an AT&T not triggering the way I thought it should after it had been in a location for over a year. It was in a bear box on a rocker mount lashed to the tree with a ratchet binder and I hadn't paid much attention to it but when Johnny suggested that I check the aim, I discovered that the tree had grown, causing the box to rotate up enough so that it wasn't aimed straight or down, but above where even vehicles would trigger it. I reaimed it level again, then moved it to a screw-mounted box a little lower on the tree and it's working fine.

I'm not saying that's what's happened with your camera but just pointing out that sometimes a camera doesn't perform as expected and it's not the camera's fault.
By 27jr
Hogdeer96 - i have a new Spartan from this XMAS and seems to work fine. My only issue is where I can place Covert Black OPS with 2 bars. They send photos and timelapse photos every 8 hrs. The Spartan cannot receive a signal. I'm looking to selling to a friend and pick up another Covert.
By KYHeadHunter02
I'm pretty sure I'm out if the warranty, but I'm going to give them a call. I moved the cam over the weekend. I left the cam turned on while doing so. It took pics up into the night and suddenly quit. I updated the firmware a couple of months ago so that shouldnt be an issue. The cam is centered pretty well. I haven't taken the time to look at the pics in sequence. It is an AT&T cam. I did notice my buddies 2016Covert transmits pics around 1 minute. This thing is a slug sending them around 3-4 minutes.
By LibbyLA
If it is taking 3-4 minutes to send a picture, the problem is almost certainly signal strength. For testing purposes, you may try sending regular thumbnails and running with real time on.

All my cameras are in low signal areas and they usually transmit in two minutes or less, large thumbnails and real time off.
By johnnydeerhunter
I updated the firmware a couple of months ago so that shouldnt be an issue.

ATT cam latest firmware was 8/2. Make sure you are up to date. If you aren't that very well could be your problem.
By 27jr
I agree with Libby as I'm having same issue with my Spartan. The Coverts are measuring 40% signal with 2 bars and zend photos about a minute and the Spartan doesn't show any bars signal and that's upgraded to 8/2 FW. Manufacturer use different cellular modems.
By LibbyLA
I agree with Johnny. If the camera doesn't have the latest FW, that could very well be the problem. I'd much rather that be the problem than signal strength!
By 27jr
What's your signal strength on the Covert? The camera will give you bars and the app will give you a percentage. If the strength is low you might have the same issue I'm having. Once I found a location that the camera's reception was 2 bars it worked great.
By KYHeadHunter02
I've been busy trying to get moved. I finally made it to the woods to see what was going on. My antenna was laying on the ground :cry: . I guess the coons broke it off. I was able to get it snapped back on the threaded portion until I order a new one. It is sending again, and I have 5 bars up on top of the ridge. I am still getting long delays...about 3-4 minutes. I still need to check on the firmware.

It means after that time devices that are 3G only […]

Primos 01 night photo

I still have a couple of those. I liked the produ[…]

primos auto pilot

No, but looks interesting. Love the- just flip a f[…]

Energizer Lithium AA price increase

Hope this doesn't irritate you but just got a text[…]