Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By 27jr
Order the external battery connector from Spartan Friday and promised it would be herd today. Didn't arrive and so I called Spartan and talked to a lady from sales. I paid the extra for 2 day shipping. She stated she can't control the mail pickup and delivery and no refund and the product should arrive tomorrow.
By 27jr
Just got done talking Lynn (general manager) who was not very helpful today and refused to provide a refund for 2 day priority shipping. The product has not arrived and the tracking shows the product just leaving Georgia.

Libby, Johnny Rebbie - I appreciate all that you do to help us Spartan beginner's.
By Roscoe
Order the external battery connector from Spartan Friday and promised it would be herd today. Didn't arrive and so I called Spartan and talked to a lady from sales. I paid the extra for 2 day shipping. She stated she can't control the mail pickup and delivery and no refund and the product should arrive tomorrow.

Just got done talking Lynn (general manager) who was not very helpful today and refused to provide a refund for 2 day priority shipping. The product has not arrived and the tracking shows the product just leaving Georgia.

Libby, Johnny Rebbie - I appreciate all that you do to help us Spartan beginner's.

I went and ordered the same product and went through the checkout process, right up to point of paying. You didn’t pay extra for 2 day priority shipping. You chose the cheapest shipping method that HCO offered, which is 2 day priority shipping. HCO didn’t come up with that name for it, US Postal did. Tracking on USPS does not always work like UPS or Fedex. Some times priority will show it leaving and never update it again until it delivers. I was thinking you paid extra for their GUARANTEED 2 day delivery service, but you didn’t. Your trying to hold HCO responsible for the shortcomings of the US Postal service. I know you want your product, but your putting the blame on the wrong entity here.
By 27jr
Roscoe,

Thank you for your input.

I understand what your saying. The Lady on the phone yesterday was rude. The chat session the person stated it would be here in 2 days. HCO should have a disclaimer stating that products could take longer. HCO could also have a 2 dollar charge for 3 - 5 business days standard shipping.

I would suggest HCO add a disclaimer and standard shipping.
By 27jr
Libby - Thank you

I would like to suggest then HCO change the Priority 2 delivery to 1-3 days. At day 4 since ordering on Friday and the package didn't come today. I'll call Vince to look into it from HCO end and I'll try again on getting through to USPS which is like getting Congress to pass a law since I keep getting put on 1 hour holds.
By 27jr
Johnny - said it wasn't in the system.

Roscoe - Agree with you

I think now USPS has screwed something up. I'm sure of it now that it's not HCO but I will say the lady needs better customer skills.

Hopefully get better answers tomorrow. I'm leaving for P.A. my sister's farm and was hoping to have HCO online since I cannot get it to lock on the cellular system like covert can.

Maybe I still can but need to know in a strong cellular signal 4 bars and set on 30 sec delay. How long will the Spartan run on Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries?
By LibbyLA
How long is a rope? It's going to depend on how strong the signal really is (I have two cameras 20-30 feet apart, both up in trees, one showed 5 bars on this morning's status report, the other showed 1), what size thumbnails, how many HD requests you make, day photos vs. night photos, and so on. 30 second delay probably won't get you anything slower or faster than 0 second delay or save any power. Time between pics will probably be about the same, but you can test it.

Be aware that lithiums may not give you any warning before they die. They will show full power until they don't. Keep an eye on the P number on the night photos and when you see that below P5, it's time to think about changing the batteries because you may not have much time left.

How soon will you be going back? Could you ship the battery, box, and cable to your sister and have someone there hook it to the camera?
By johnnydeerhunter
Picture count is your biggest factor after signal strength. I'd say 1200-1500 pics on a set of lithium batteries. I don't get a lot of pics on many of my cameras and some were lasting three months before the lithium died and I was having the larger pictures transmitted. If you have the smaller pics transmitted your picture count will increase quit a bit but you may find you want to request more HD images which will use a good bit of the power you saved by having the smaller pics sent.
By johnnydeerhunter
I have a very good app I use for tracking packages (package tracker pro) I use the pay version not the free version. If you wanted to post your tracking number or send it to me in a pm I could check and see what it says. Many times I find it has more information than the actual USPS site does.
By 27jr
I'd like to say thank you and apologize to HCO. USPS has given me a case number and don't understand why the system is showing Georgia and on its way to destination and 8 hours later showing Georgia and heading to destination.

The AT&T signal is strong that the stubby antenna of Bushnell aggressor lasted 1 month of testing 700 photos about 1/2 n 1/2 with about 70 percent battery life. I'd say around 300 photos on a trail. With cold front moving through the area daytime temps dropping upper 80s to 60 for high n nighttime temps dropping from 50s to mid 30s. The deer should be on there feet. I'll be hunting opening bow season Saturday with my Ten Point Shadow Ultra Light with action camera mounted to the scope.

I'm 5 hours away and would be back up the veterans week for bow unless I get a buck.
The Spartan is on normal thumbnail and don't request HD photos unless I'm using the camera for security purposes. My sister wouldn't be able to put the external battery online but if the AAs will work till veterans week than I can take care of it when I go back.
By LibbyLA
I would put lithiums in it, in that case, not regular alkalines. You're looking at six weeks, which the alkalines may do, but you'll have a better shot with lithiums.

Nice buck...

We have reduced the points cost for uploading vide[…]

We need more corn please

I have noticed that the deer seem to look at me li[…]

I have my Dual running as a drive way monitor. Th[…]