This is the place to share all the cool pictures & movies you get from your trail cameras. In other words, if it's not a picture or movie related to a camera problem, it goes here. If it is a picture or movie related to a camera problem, please post it in the appropriate manufacturer forum.
By Anthony
#352527 Is it the site or the smell of the camera that alerts the does on that first video.

I believe the way the first doe is sniffing the camera that a strange scent brings them in then when they start to think what in the heck is this thing that visually they get nervous from it.

I think you might try wearing rubber gloves when you handle your cameras. Your hands have perfumes from soap, lotions, after shave, food smells, human scent.

I would try not handling the cameras first to see if the deer exhibit any change in behavior.

I know they arent running away but they were affected enough that a buck may not come near there based on the scent.
By Fred Zepplin
#352529 Anthony I have a dirty little trick I play on individuals who approach my cameras. I mark the cameras with a non adhesive orange tape tied to the back of it. I can not tell you why I do this but it keeps thieves from stealing...and it works perfect. The tape gives off a odor and that is why you see what you see.

Some Hunters are Poachers!...and hunt illegally on these properties. If they see the camera they will steal, smash or ..... it.

Anthony wrote:Is it the site or the smell of the camera that alerts the does on that first video.

I believe the way the first doe is sniffing the camera that a strange scent brings them in then when they start to think what in the heck is this thing that visually they get nervous from it.

I think you might try wearing rubber gloves when you handle your cameras. Your hands have perfumes from soap, lotions, after shave, food smells, human scent.

I would try not handling the cameras first to see if the deer exhibit any change in behavior.

I know they arent running away but they were affected enough that a buck may not come near there based on the scent.