Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
By reaperman
#352396 I only tried video when I first got the camera on the first set of batteries. After realizing those batteries were (factory) faulty, I replaced them and put the camera over a pretty active food plot in photo mode.
By reaperman
#352773 Battery life update: As of today 12/5/17 my strike force has taken a total of 10,869 since July 12 using Amazon alkaline cells. The battery meter is reading 52%. I decided to pull this camera until things warm. I wrestled with the decision to pull the camera but now its considered winter here in Minnesota. Animal activity of any kind is very limited in my woods. Most deer have moved onto wintering grounds with the exception of a few stragglers. I did test the battery voltage and all 6 cells tested out the same at 1.39 volts. The temperature of the batteries as I tested them was approx 12 degrees F. I will see if the voltage increases somewhat as they warm up from the outside temp. Overall, I'm impressed with the battery life especially since this camera only uses 6 AA's. Normally, I'm happy if a set of batteries makes it from mid August until mid November. I guess until April, when the turkeys are gearing up for a busy spring this test will temporarily suspended.
By rebbie
reaperman wrote:Battery life update: As of today 12/5/17 my strike force has taken a total of 10,869 since July 12 using Amazon alkaline cells. The battery meter is reading 52%. I decided to pull this camera until things warm. I wrestled with the decision to pull the camera but now its considered winter here in Minnesota. Animal activity of any kind is very limited in my woods. Most deer have moved onto wintering grounds with the exception of a few stragglers. I did test the battery voltage and all 6 cells tested out the same at 1.39 volts. The temperature of the batteries as I tested them was approx 12 degrees F. I will see if the voltage increases somewhat as they warm up from the outside temp. Overall, I'm impressed with the battery life especially since this camera only uses 6 AA's. Normally, I'm happy if a set of batteries makes it from mid August until mid November. I guess until April, when the turkeys are gearing up for a busy spring this test will temporarily suspended.

Thanks for the update! I haven’t counted how many pictures my camera has taken but I am still on the original set of batteries. The camera’s battery life is amazing. It really is a great little camera.
By Anthony
#352811 Since you have pulled the camera, why don't you just set it up looking at your garage or something like this outside and allow it to continue taking photos of you coming and going until its dead. Then report the final value.
By reaperman
Anthony wrote:Since you have pulled the camera, why don't you just set it up looking at your garage or something like this outside and allow it to continue taking photos of you coming and going until its dead. Then report the final value.

Good idea, now I know why your the brains behind this website :idea:
Cold Minnesota weather may have an effect on the alkaline batteries, but even if they die in a week the total picture count is still impressive.
By rebbie
SPROULMAN wrote:Browning said only use Energizer batterys now ......

That is all I use in all my trail cameras. The Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries have come down so much in price recently that it makes it worth spending a little extra money on them. My Strike Force HD Pro lasted all last year on one set of Lithium batteries and will probably get me a lot of use this year.
By OutdoorBob
#353931 Ran my cams the other day and got to my Strike Force Pro and the batteries were dead. I had the energizer lithium. I also had the external battery pack on it also. It had been out since Oct. Didn't keep up with the number of videos it had taken but it was no doubt over a 1000. However, I do not do photos, I do nothing but videos and the day ones were first 60 seconds but then I bumped them back to 30 seconds. I was not disappointed. My Special Ops Extreme and Recon Force Extreme were still showing fully charged and they've had almost as many videos.
By bowhtr1
#353934 I dont know about that cam but the extreme will stop working at night on video if the power range gets below 50%.
By reaperman
#354070 Update, 5/13/18
I put the camera out a few weeks ago and things are picking up around here so I added another 611 photos to last years total. The running tally now stands at 11,592 still photos using Amazon brand, alkaline batteries.