Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.
By ko4nrbs
#353956 Tried PowerEx Imedion AA batteries in the Tasco 6MP cameras. In all four of the cameras I bought the Imedion batteries are very tight and difficult to install and remove. When fully loaded with Imedion batteries the battery tray is tight and can be difficult to remove. Eneloop batteries fit much better and are easier to remove.

I would not recommend using Imedion batteries in these cameras. Sooner or later the battery tray will be damaged.

Surprised at how good the pics were this morning at about 6:30am before good light. The flash did not activate but the pics turned out pretty good.

All four of my cameras are Red Glow and it is visible.

Bill
Last edited by ko4nrbs on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By speed2spare
#353957 I have both Rayovac and Duracell alkalines in mine. Both are very tight in the trays as well. Maybe I better take a closer look at one of my cameras in the dark. Maybe I mis-spoke about not being able to see the flash.
By ko4nrbs
#353958 The round connection alongside the SD card slot is for test purposes only. I found it in the manual. Only to be used by Tasco!!

Bill
By ko4nrbs
#353960 Tight Battery Fix
Spray the battery tray down good with Silicone Spray and let it dry thoroughly. Even Imedion batteries are easy to install and remove now!!

Don't forget to lube the battery tray contacts and springs with Deoxit. It will prevent corrosion and bad connections. I just wipe it on with a Q-Tip.

Bill
By ko4nrbs
speed2spare wrote:Maybe I better take a closer look at one of my cameras in the dark. Maybe I mis-spoke about not being able to see the flash.

The Tasco 8mp is Low Glow. Maybe that's the one you have.
Bill