Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
By CanadaJack
#353967 I've got 2 BTC-5HD-XV cameras that don't work. I can't read pics or videos using a Browning viewer. I've tried different SD cards, batteries and using video or pic modes. Sometimes I can read the first two videos and none of the rest, sometimes none. I had 131 pics on a card, wouldn't read any. I sent one camera back to Browning and they sent it back to me saying it worked for them. All my other cams work great, just the 2 XVs are doing this . Using Kingston 8gb cards and Everyready Energizer batteries. Am I doing something wrong or are these things junk. Any help appreciated.
By bowhtr1
#353971 Don't remember where but I heard Kingston sd cards are a problem. I use nothing but sandisk, they work in everything.
But if they worked before they should still work. Do a full format on the computer, not quick format. Install new batteries and see what happens.
By CanadaJack
#353972 Am using Kingstons in all my other cams but will try Sandisk in these 2. Thanks!
By CanadaJack
#353999 Thanks bowhtr1 for the advice! Bought 2 Sandisk Exteme 16gb cards to try them, both cameras worked like a charm! Funny, I've got 12 other Browning cams and I'm using a variety of different cards in them and they all work fine. From now on when I replace cards they will be Sandisk. Thanks again!
By wacokid
#354681 I’ve always had problems with the Kingston cards, I only use topram or patriot, minimum 8gb, and nothing less than class 10 speed.
By kellyguinn
#354899 I've been using the same 2 Browning cams now for 3 years and just now started to have a slight problem with picture reading but its normally 1 pic out of 500 or so. I have left these cams out in the elements since I purchased them and the battery life has been excellent. Ya might have just gotten a dud
By CanadaJack
#354981 No Kelly, it's all good now since I switched to Sandisk cards. I guess some models are more touchy about the cards they will accept.