Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Covert cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By mike318
#349578 I have not used video very much over the years, mostly due to low frame rates. I was personally glad to see the 2017 covert lineup handle video quite well.

Here are the stats on the Covert Black Maverick videos...

Video:
Format: MOV File (.MOV)
Size per 30 seconds: 56.2 MB
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Data Rate: 14735 kbps
Total bitrate: 15247 kbps
Frame Rate: 30 fps
Audio:
Bit rate: 512 kbps
Channels: 1 (mono)
Audio Sample Rate: 32kHz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yESwYdO5vXs
By rebbie
#349676 Video looked great!
By Buckjunkie
#350372 Nice vid. How are the pics? Just got this cam, but haven't put it out yet
By mike318
#350373 Daylight Pics are great, but nighttime pics are horrible. Bad Whiteout. Same for video.

No auto IR adjustments.
Last edited by mike318 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bowhtr1
#350409 Mike I see in your stats audio has nothing beside it. I see why i didn't hear anything either. Why can't companies put a product out that does what it says it will do. I was looking at this one until I saw several people report on the audio issue.
By picdic
#354007 I was looking at vids from the red maverick on youtube, and that cam seemed great. definitely made me consider adding another covert to the mix for video capture. but now I see it's no longer in their line-up, they have stuck solely with black-flash cams, I guess that's what is selling best these days.
I just imagine that the black-flash cams would not be as great with night-imagery/videos, and i'm going to be a stickler on THAT point from now on with whatever camera I choose. personally, I have never had flash spook/affect game whatsoever, not even in the slightest. in fact, quite the opposite. it seems some of the animals come and hang out in front of the cam to see the area with the flash. maybe they are just playing games, or breaking their monotony of forest-living.
By picdic
#354332 apparently last year's red maverick and black maverick had issues with the audio. they dropped the red maverick this year and say that this year's black maverick model has greatly improved audio. i'm just wondering if the night imagery has improved. I want one of these cams, their video and pics are awesome, they get great battery life as well. but some of the night stuff seems to white-wash.