Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Covert cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By PaSWITCHBACKshooter
#348028 Just bought one on Ebay, New. I'm new to these kinds of cameras that send you the pics to your phone !!.
It's a 2016 model camera, will i need to do any firmware update to it ? If you have any tips or suggestions on this camera, i'll take them !! Like i said, i'm new to this kind of camera so please help !!
By bowhtr1
#348035 I don't have any code black anymore. But follow the instructions and if you have any questions don't hesitate to call Covert. Lots of info in the cell cam section.
By mattpatt
#348047 First, let me say that I am not affiliated with Covert in any way shape for form. I own two of these cameras (2016 model) and have owned at least one Covert Code Black since 2012 when they first came out. With all that being said....

There is a firmware upgrade available for it. Instructions are on their website but I made a step by step video and posted it to YouTube a few weeks ago to help those that do better when they see it versus reading it.

https://youtu.be/uZiIHdzh1_A" target="_blank

Buy or build a external 6v battery pack for it. These things go through batteries pretty quick otherwise. Instructions on how to build one are on this forum. While we're talking about the forum it is an excellent place to get information. Check out the Covert sub-forum and the one for Cellular Trail Cams.

Instructions on how to set everything up are on the card included in the package with the camera. Read it and follow step by step and you shouldn't have any problems.

As always, should you have an issue feel free to post here. You can also contact Covert. In my opinion, their technical support is one of the best in the business.

Thanks,
Matt
By Jake
#348110 Matt summed it up very well. Thanks Matt.

I have a 2016 code black. Some settings I recommend are a 24 hour delay . That is set on the app and means the camera checks in to make ny changes you have done. In realtime you can request a pic and it will send it in about a minute give or take. With the delay set other then realtime you can't get a requested pic.
By picdic
#354334 run it with rechargeable batteries and a solar panel. that's how I run mine and there's never been an issue.